Mystery 6x6

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Mystery 6x6

fmints....The tires are inset close to the body and in the front and rear, the edges of the tire would hit the body if the diameter was much bigger. 26's will work fine.

I worked on the brakes today, the calipers were siezed up. After spending an hour at NAPA, we fiqured out that the calipers are off a 1975 Porsche 911S, fronts, both left sides. I was able to take them apart and free them up, I ordered new pads, they will be here tomorrow.

DSC_7442.jpg
    DSC_7433.jpg

Here are some pics of the chains and tensioners up front, heavy duty stuff...

Coop
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Coop; 05-02-2012 at 10:52 PM.

I wonder if it was meant for salt water use with stainles axles.
    U.S. COAST GUARD

"I wonder if it was meant for salt water use with stainless axles."...Quite possability, is was orginally from Mass, I picked it up in Maine, so it has been near the ocean. Most of the mounting hardware through out it is stainless steel as well.
    I rebuilt the brakes last night, I'm having a problem bleeding the air out, the master cylinders are lower than the calipers. and I seem to have air trapped in the calipers. I'm going to Harbor Freight tonight after work and pick up one of their vacumn brake bleeder kits, see if that will do it.
    I'm anxious to get it in the water and see how it floats and propels with the jet drive. I've been thinking about painting the bottom and part way up the sides with Rhino Liner before I paint the whole thing. I know it will create some drag when in the water, but I don't plan on sking behind it anyway. It would serve as another layer to seal it up and protect the bottom when I am out in the woods and weeds. Good idea or not?..

Coop

Quote Originally Posted by Coop View Post
    "I wonder if it was meant for salt water use with stainless axles."...Quite possability, is was orginally from Mass, I picked it up in Maine, so it has been near the ocean. Most of the mounting hardware through out it is stainless steel as well.
    I rebuilt the brakes last night, I'm having a problem bleeding the air out, the master cylinders are lower than the calipers. and I seem to have air trapped in the calipers. I'm going to Harbor Freight tonight after work and pick up one of their vacumn brake bleeder kits, see if that will do it.
    I'm anxious to get it in the water and see how it floats and propels with the jet drive. I've been thinking about painting the bottom and part way up the sides with Rhino Liner before I paint the whole thing. I know it will create some drag when in the water, but I don't plan on sking behind it anyway. It would serve as another layer to seal it up and protect the bottom when I am out in the woods and weeds. Good idea or not?..

Coop
    I was thinking truck bed liner would be a good idea for my terra tiger too. Both inside and the bottom half outside.
    U.S. COAST GUARD

I did the inside and top side of my COOT, that is tough stuff, it won't come off easily. There are a lot of bolt heads on the bottom of this machine, it would seal them up watertight.

Coop

if you use truck bed liner make sure the prep work is 100 % it is nasty when you have chunks flaking off because the prep was half done.

West Central Louisiana near Toledo Bend Reservoir
    Coop, I don't think it will hinder you in the water too much, but would be concerned with driving over obstacles. I thought of coating the outer of the trackster, but decided against it. One of my brothers has it in the bed of his truck, take loading concrete blocks for example, set it in, then get in and move it to the front, nothing slides on it. I can't help but believe that it would have the same effect when going over mud, limbs, logs and such. Now as for the inside of the tub, heck yes! Again, nothing slides on it- even when wet...
    DESTRUCTION is just a couple of vowels down the street from DISTRACTION

The liners Ive seen are super slippery, like hard plastic.
    U.S. COAST GUARD

I got the carb all rebuilt, the engine runs alot better, idles good and has good response. Now If I could gat the brakes to work, aarrgg... I spent all day trying to get the air bled out of the brakes, so far no luck. The master cylinders are lower than the calipers, I have air trapped somewhere, can't get it out. I even hooked a vacumn line up off the engine, into a catch can and tried to suck it out. Or, I have 2 bad master cylinders, but I had a good pedal before I took the calipers off. Tomorrow's another day....

Coop

Quote Originally Posted by Michaeljp86 View Post
    The liners Ive seen are super slippery, like hard plastic.
    Call me crazy, but I think Northern spray-in bedliners are different from Southern spray-in bedliners. All the spray-ins I see around here (including mine) are relatively soft and have chunks of rubber in them, but I know a couple guys from Michigan that come down here to hunt, and their spray-ins are smooth and plasticy like your describing....
    1983 Hustler 945-HK 627cc Vanguard
    1982 GMC K-10 Sierra Classic Suburban 6.2 Diesel
    2010 Chevy Silverado 1500
    1974 Honda ATC 70
    1986 Honda ATC 250ES Big Red

There is no Z in Diesel!!

+ Reply to Thread