Mystery 6x6

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Mystery 6x6

Wow, those arrow heads are really cool! Thats sounds really fun just wondering along the riverside searching for them. Nice collection.

You machine sounds awesome! Looks like it will work out really nice for the arrowhead hunting. That jet drive looks to work really nice. Thanks for the videos!

Just FYI, To embed the videos there is a filmstrip button you can click on that says insert video when the cursor is over it. Then just copy the youtube link into it. Then it will show up as a video instead of a link.

do you bring a gold pan with you in case you find an interesting spot to try. I think having one of these machines and gold prospecting would go hand in hand I am going to keep mine in my machine when I go exploring.

LarryW...Yes, collecting the arrowheads is an addictive hobby. Thanks for the tip on how to embed a vid, I didn't know that.

azzz7772....Not much gold here in the east

Quote Originally Posted by Coop View Post
    LarryW...Yes, collecting the arrowheads is an addictive hobby. Thanks for the tip on how to embed a vid, I didn't know that.

azzz7772....Not much gold here in the east

So you looked

Man that thing moves very well in water.When riding solo you have to slide over in the seat to adjust your weight and make the machine level out then it will handle a lot better.Just a suggestion.Very cool machine.

My great grandpa lived by the river and they would find buckets of them.
    U.S. COAST GUARD

Mystery 6x6 Teardown.

I've decided to tear down this machine, do some much needed modifications. I plan to:

* Re-Wire the whole thing, get rid of the messy harness all over the place, install a single wire alternator, that will eliminate the whole regulator mess..

* Design and build a better Jet Pump clutch, as it is now, I have to stop the engine, reach down into the "black hole",( Ive dropped wrenches in there, still missing one), that is the rear hull and loosen a set screw and slide a coupler together to engage/disengage the pump, really a bad design. I am going to adapt an electric, shaft mounted clutch, so I can drive into or out of the water and just flip a switch to operate the clutch...

* Get rid of the dual radiators and fans, mount a single radiator/fan assembly, possability above the rear deck for maximun cooling and serviceability..

* Re-locate the battery up front, in the center..

* And some other needed PM issues that will be easier with the top off: adjust valves, adjust rear chain/tensioner, clean and paint, etc.

So it will be out of commision for a while, I'll post pics as I go. Hopefully somebody might see this thing and know what it is, I'd love to know. More and more I'm thinking it is homemade, that it was some kind of a kit..

Split.jpgInternals1.jpgInternals2.jpgInternals3.jpgInternals4.jpg .

Coop
    Last edited by Mike; 05-22-2012 at 07:07 PM. Reason: merged two threads on the same topic

Pic of the pump coupler...

Pump drive.jpg

Coop

I got the exhaust off last night and pulled the rear chains and tensioners. I had to get the exhaust out of the way to get to the chains, and later, adjust the valves. The chains and sprockets are good, that is a good thing, because the sprockets are welded to the axles, so are the wheel hubs, so if I ever have to replace any of those things, I'll be cutting stuff apart, there will be no way to slide the axles out of the body otherwise. But, from looking at it, I don't believe the machine has had a lot of use, sprocket teeth show no wear, chains links are tight. The chain tensioners are bad though, they also look to be homemade, it is a spring loaded wheel that was pushing up on the outside of the chain, problem is they used a rubber wheel to contact the chain and the rubber got all soft and "gummy" from the oil and grease on the chain. I'm either going to replace the wheel with one made from some kind of plastic like nylon, or maybe a gear idler sprocket. More later.....
    Attached Images

What color are you going to paint it?
    1983 Hustler 945-HK 627cc Vanguard
    1982 GMC K-10 Sierra Classic Suburban 6.2 Diesel
    2010 Chevy Silverado 1500
    1974 Honda ATC 70
    1986 Honda ATC 250ES Big Red

There is no Z in Diesel!!

+ Reply to Thread