Handicap accessible argo

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Handicap accessible argo

Hi bill ,Sorry to hear about your accident.He misses all his buddies at rehab and would be glad to talk to you and see how you are getting along.I will send you a pm.

Quote Originally Posted by coosaridgerider View Post
    This machine will be dedicated to 25 year old Brandon smith my step son whom was left paralyzed after a swimming accident in august 2011.He broke his neck in 5 places and severed his spine.He spent over 4 months in rehab in Atlanta and returned home about 4 months ago.If anyone would like to donate any parts to this project,That would be great.To all you young people out there,Be careful and pay attention to what is going on around you.This could happen to you.
    Very sorry to hear about Brandon...It's nice to know that he has you and his other loved ones that are ready to help him start to move forward with his life again.....as far as your project....sounds pretty cool.....not sure what parts you are thinking you might be able to use but if you can put together a little list we might be able to help you start to chip away at it...

keep us posted

tim

Thanks obsessed.I need 1 axle and both jack shaft axle.I think it is an 89 argo 6x6 with the 11/4 solid axle.I got the trans fixed and was thinking about putting the duramax engine in it so i will need a clutch.It is not going to be used in water so the tires will be a lot cheaper.Again thanks for your concerns and comments.

that is so cool to see he still as the spunk to want to get out there and enjoy his life.I hope when you get it done you will be able to share some vid of him ripping up the trails. I know having a machine like that will give him some much needed fun and freedom.

Thanks azz.He is taking it better than i would and is progressing very well.I cut the top and the back out today,measured every thing out and it looks like it will work out good.

Quote Originally Posted by coosaridgerider View Post
    . I cut the top and the back out today,measured every thing out and it looks like it will work out good.
    great job!

sounds like this is gonna be one pretty cool custom 6x6...if you have time, take some pictures of the build for us and post them...i would really love to see it all come together so you guys can start having some fun with it!

i'm looking forward to Brandon's next ride :-)

tim

Thanks Tim.I will start taking pictures of Brandons argo.I told him about it yesterday,It really cheered him up and gave him something to look forward to.He said he want's to go fast............

A call to Maple Ridge Motorsports in BC might help, as they have worked on Rick Hansen's machine. Ph# 604 465 0441. Good luck!

Thanks bcranger,Some close up pictures would help.I have started on it,Got the back cut out,Removed the gas tank and strap and the body strap.Going to pick up the aluminum for the floor and ramp thurs.I'm going to replace all chain and bearing and the sprockets that need replacing.I would like to make it water tight but in his condition i don.t think deep water would be a good idea.

Hey Coosaridgerider, sorry to hear about Brandon. I too am happy to hear that he's still looking forward and up. If I find anything that could be of use to you, i'll send it your way.
    HUSTLEMANIAC and a HONORARY MEMBER of the
    BIGFOOT ALUMNI

+ Reply to Thread