Handicap accessible argo

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Handicap accessible argo

Pictures of brandon smiths argo.
    Last edited by coosaridgerider; 05-09-2012 at 08:58 PM.

Ok this is what i have to work with.I got this argo from a friend for$50.It had about 6" of leaves and trash in it and looked like crap.I cleaned the tub out and found that all the oil helped preserve the frame etc.The more i cleaned the better it looked,The body has 2 small cracks in front of the hood cover,Other than that the body is in good condition.The trans was froze up,I took it apart,cleaned it and its working good.All the drive axles bearing turn good but i am going to replace all bearings and chain etc.I am working on a very limited budget and want to thank everyone that has offered to help on this project.

Hello ridgerider,

I wanted to wish you luck with your project. I will be following this thread closely because I may make my Argo accessible too. I haven't cut anything yet because I'm waiting on a quote for some hydrostatic transaxles. I think it would be easier for me to drive using two sticks like a zero-turn mower. There may not be room for the engine and transaxles so I need to make sure before I start cutting.

If I had any extra parts I would be happy to send them to you. Recreation is good for everyone, not just those with physical limitations. I've been a C5-6 quad for 23 years. Any time I can go shooting, fishing, or off-roading it's all good.

If I can help with any questions let me know. I recently contacted a quad in Canada that has a converted 8x8. I invited him to this thread so hopefully he will chime in.

Picture of your progress would be great!

Kelly

Thanks kelly.Sorry to hear about your condition,Over the last 9 months i have me a lot of people with the same type injury.I fell your pain.I live in central Alabama,Doctor here want have anything to do with him???He is on his way back to Atlanta to see his old doctor.Brandon is a c6.I hope you get your machine going soon.

Brandon smiths argo pfoject

Quote Originally Posted by coosaridgerider View Post
    Thanks kelly.Sorry to hear about your condition,Over the last 9 months i have me a lot of people with the same type injury.I fell your pain.I live in central Alabama,Doctor here want have anything to do with him???He is on his way back to Atlanta to see his old doctor.Brandon is a c6.I hope you get your machine going soon.
    Thanks for the kind words. These accidents happen more than people realize. I know two family friends and one guy I went to school with that are all quads now. Attitude is everything in life, and a good one makes things a lot easier.

Here are a few pictures I have from the guy in Canada. I have two more, but they show his face and I'm waiting for his permission first.

I met so many young guy's at shepherd center in Atlanta,It will break your heart.That is a nice set up on the argo.Inside pictures would give me some better idea's.My baby sister was born with 100% cerebral palsy,I spent most of my child hood helping my mother take care of her.She lived 32 years.

Started on the frame work today.I raised the frame up 1" with square tubing to clear the chain for the floor.I am going to try and finish the frame on the rear for the ramp tomorrow.

that's a good start just curious are you going to do the total build then strip it down to paint the metal parts? And what did you screw it down with stainless bolts or regular ones? I would use anti-seize on all bolt threads and I would coat all the steel bits because with all the moisture it will make working on it later much easier. Just passing on stuff that I can think of to help. Not sure what your background is in fabrication. Sorry if I crossed the boundry.

When i get the frame built and what needs welded and my bearings and chain etc then i will take everything out and paint it.I used regular bolts not stainless.I'm a roofer by trade not a fabricator.I live in the south,Here rust is not a big problem And this machine will probably never see any water.I am building this for brandon to get around on our land and maybe he will progress enough to do some light rides.

+ Reply to Thread