Handicap accessible argo

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Handicap accessible argo

Handicap accessible argo

My step son was paralyzed in a swimming accident back in august that left him limited use of his right hand and no use of his left hand.To make a long story short i am planning on using my argo to make him a handicap accessible 6x6.Floating is not an issue,Being able for him to control it is the main issue.I know i have seen one somewhere but can't remember where.I do have an idea of what i want but suggestion would be good.
    Last edited by coosaridgerider; 05-06-2012 at 09:24 PM.

I was thinking about cutting the back of the argo body out wide enough to wheel a wheelchair in.Then put a raise steel floor all the way up to the shifters,Put some wheelchair tie down where needed.Make a fold up ramp out the rear.The controls would have to be modified for him to control it.And a roll cage.

Think he could utilize a "drive-by-wire" system (joystick?). If so you could get some rather large servos to manipulate the controls for the mechanical control.. hmm..

I agree that would be awesome but expensive.I was thinking putting the sticks on the sides,Something like the zero mowers.

Maybe something like this would work ?

mobility6.jpgmobility8.jpg

Blairs - Argo ATVs

Max 6 Wheel Drive

I would consider an 8 wheel drive more inside space and more stable when using.

Thanks argohunter that is what i had in mind.

Thanks azz but that is not an option.The last 9 months has been a mental and financial night mare.

This machine will be dedicated to 25 year old Brandon smith my step son whom was left paralyzed after a swimming accident in august 2011.He broke his neck in 5 places and severed his spine.He spent over 4 months in rehab in Atlanta and returned home about 4 months ago.If anyone would like to donate any parts to this project,That would be great.To all you young people out there,Be careful and pay attention to what is going on around you.This could happen to you.

coosaridgerider, Good luck with your project and give Brandon my best. I'am also a parapeligic since Feb 2011, had a snowmobile accident while out ice fishing.
    I can hardly wait for my argo to arrive and start enjoying some of my passions. Your right about being careful and paying attention. Best of luck
    Bill

+ Reply to Thread