2 Conquests and a Mudd OX (Vid)

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2 Conquests and a Mudd OX (Vid)

2 Conquests and a Mudd OX (Vid)

Had a chance to go for a ride this morning, I took 2 of my Conquests, and a friend was test driving a Mudd Ox. The snow is mostly gone, but the ground is still frozen about 6-8" under the surface. The creeks are just starting to flow a bit, and there are a few deep spots in all the slimey mud and muskeg. All the machines did well, although I really had to cut corners in a few places with just tires on the one machine. We managed to Burry the Ox in one little pit, so of course I had to video it. Even though we managed to sink the Mudd Ox, I will say I was impressed with it's performance. The owner of the Mudd Ox seemed to be very interested in my tracks too, We may have another "convert"
    One Conquest is on the 24" Frontier Tires, and has the 27hp Kawi under the hood. The other has the 20hp Kawi, and is wearing the 18" Adair Tracks. The Ox has the 60hp Diesel, and is on 20" Rubber tracks, also has a really nice Aluminium Cab.
    I kinda wish we could have taken the machines out togeather a little later in the yr, when the ground is thawed out, but I guess you take what you can get.

I'm working on a vid right now, and will post it up when it's ready

Here is a pic of the Mudd Ox, as you can see, it has had some Custom work done to it:

RD

Rock Doctor

I really glad that you got some video to post of the Mudd-Ox because there are so few of them on the web. I'm really looking forward to watching a good mud and muskeg video of the 20 hp conquest with the Adair tracks on it.

Here is the first vid from our day, and it looks like there might not be much more after this. The guy I put my other camera on seems to be incapable of remembering that his sunglasses (IKAM) are meant to rid on his nose, not his hat, lol. I litterally have 2hrs of video of the roof inside the Mud OX.

I did get some other footage, and I will work on putting it into some kind of order.

RD

that was good I see why you brought them ........... To do a little trail clearing.

seriously though what were your thoughts on the mud-ox? To me it looked like it needed to get rid of some of that bolt on weight for the summer anyway.

At the end when you told that guy he was riding the brakes your laugh sounded more like stress having to be the guide instead of having fun.looked like a fun area to ride in. was that your regular trail to your cabin or the scenic rout.

Quote Originally Posted by azz7772 View Post
    that was good I see why you brought them ........... To do a little trail clearing.

seriously though what were your thoughts on the mud-ox? To me it looked like it needed to get rid of some of that bolt on weight for the summer anyway.

At the end when you told that guy he was riding the brakes your laugh sounded more like stress having to be the guide instead of having fun.looked like a fun area to ride in. was that your regular trail to your cabin or the scenic rout.
    The Ox has been heavily customized, and I'm thinking it might not be a good representation of what a "Standard" Mudd Ox might be like. That was "extra" floatation encased in Aluminium at the front and sides. The tires had 30psi in them. The tracks looked pretty heavy duty, I think he said they were about 240lbs each. It has no chain drives. It had a hard time turning in a few places there. I did not like how the control levers did NOT self center. In a machine like this, I would expect that it should come to a stop itself if I were to release the controls (maybe that's just my personal preference though)

He was driving my baby, of course I was nervous, he just drove the machine I was in untill the brakes were smokin, and now he's in my machine, the look on his face was pretty funny too.

lol, as for the trail.................... the road crossing was about 500 ft from the front step, the first ditch is about half mile from the house, and the Muskeg and mud is about a mile past that. This is all actually between my house and town. Along the ditch and one Pipeline ROW.

RD

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Doctor View Post
    The tires had 30psi in them. RD
    Wow, 30 pounds of air X 8 tires =240 pounds.....Thats alot of extra weight.
    More Buggymath

this only make me lean toward the adair tracks even more.
    2003 Argo Conquest
    Wasilla, Alaska

Quote Originally Posted by thebuggyman1 View Post
    Wow, 30 pounds of air X 8 tires =240 pounds.....Thats alot of extra weight.
    More Buggymath
    lol...thats funny buggyman!!!

awesome looking Mudd-Ox...love all the custom aluminium stuff...looks like some kind of moon rover space machine or somthing...and awesome wheels on it!

thanks RD sharing the video of your ride with us

tim

+ Reply to Thread