Someone help please haha I may have bit off more than I can chew attex crazy colt

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Someone help please haha I may have bit off more than I can chew attex crazy colt

Someone help please haha I may have bit off more than I can chew attex crazy colt

Recently traded quad for a 6x6 crazy colt .... I absolutely love the thing. I have wanted one for years finally got one that needs a lot more work than I though . I'm not worried about body work just mechanical ... I was under the impression all this attex needed was a throttle assembly and cable . I rigged throttle up to test ride and doesn't seem to want turn left (transmission issue?) Then looking into it , it seems everyone has this t20 trans ... Is it possible to stick a t20 in attex with original skid steering . Someone had mentioned that I could put a maxii50 frame in it ... I was hoping someone can point me in the direction that would be easiest . Also if anyone knows where I can get a attex frame parts and bakerhill 7000 transmission parts ... I need help with this thing and parts and don't know where to start haha plz advz

Ok, I am sort of confused. Do you have a 252 Colt or a first gen machine. The colt would have a t-20 in it not the baker hill 7000. Post some pictures of your machine and trans assembly so we can help you out.
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

The 252 Crazy Colt has the T-20. Do you also have a 1st generation Attex with the Baker Hill 7000 transmission? If you're trying do a transmission swap, I'd highly recommend that you don't and just stick with the T-20. It's a much better transmission and parts for it are still available through the manufacturer, Recreatives Industries in Buffalo, NY. Amphibious Six-Wheel Drive All-Terrain Vehicles: MaxATVs - Call 1-800-255-2511
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

I believe it is a first generation sticker say st 300 on side ... The transmission says bakerhill 7000 series and has reverse . I had my friend thats pretty mechanically inclined disassemble it and everything looks sound internally. it just doesn't want to engage right side to turn left. I will post as many pictures as I can ASAP . I did find a bunch of minor parts like bearings and axles tires at Richards relics still can't find anything on the bakerhill 7000 trans tho. Thanks for the responses

Whatever you do, DON'T deal with Richard's Relics. So many new people to the hobby have been burned by him. He sells inferior quality parts at extremely high prices and his customer service, once he has your money, is horrible. If you need bearings, call the guys at Buffalo Bearings. Many 6X6World members have gone through them and they sell high quality bearings at really great prices. Their number is (716) 874-1720. As far as axles go, you can simply make them out of 1" 4140 chromoly steel. Just have them, or cut them yourself to the proper length and then drill the holes for the sprocket pin and the hub pin. That's all there is to it. A machine shop would VERY easily be able to do this for you too.....probably pretty inexpensively too.

As far as your Baker Hill transmission goes, read these articles that 6X6World member Larry W wrote. He's the 1st generation Attex expert here:

http://www.6x6world.com/forums/conte...nsmission.html

http://www.6x6world.com/forums/conte...nsmission.html
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

+ Reply to Thread