Vintage Attex Indenification/Questions

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Vintage Attex Indenification/Questions

Thats not bad at all. Good find.

Quote Originally Posted by RancherX View Post
    Good idea on the transmission nuts also, thanks!

Are these the correct hub bolts? STAINLESS SOCKET ALLEN HEAD BOLTS 1/4-20 x 1-1/2" | eBay
    I think mine are 1 3/4'' on my 300d. Not sure if the 1 1/2's would work. Might be just short?

(correct me if I am wrong)
    -Attex ST/300/D - "The Duck." Family owned since the early '70's
    -Attex ST/300/D- Resto/mod project! (not yet started)
    -Attex 440 Thunderchief Racer (not yet started)
    -Attex ST/400 (not yet started)
    -Hustler 980 BIGFOOT- A work in progress (SOLD)
    -1999 Max Buffalo Truck (SOLD)
    -1989 Max IV - A Max four my kids. (In progress)

There are at least 2 different styles of that cast aluminum hub. With the possibility of 3 maybe. If the allen head is sunken in, 1 1/2" is good. If the outer part of the flange is sunken in and the allen head is flush then 1 1/2" is good. But the style I may have seen but dont have all my hubs here to confirm might be an issue. That is the thicker non sunken in allen head flange? Again I cant remember if I saw that or not. But The 2 styles that will work with a 1 1/2" long allen are Non sunken flange with the thickness at bolt- about 1/2"(.515/.520") and the thicker sunken in head flange is about 3/4" thick(.780)/heads sunken in about .20". So if you have a 3/4" thick flange that is not sunken it you may need 1 3/4" allen bolt. Why did attex make that so confusing? lol.

+ Reply to Thread