What's so special about the MAX T20 steering transmission? MAX FAQ #2

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: What's so special about the MAX T20 steering transmission? MAX FAQ #2

Flippy, why the rant? it is what it is and if you want a return onyour investment buy gold.
    Acta non verba

i agree, what a
    buzz kill

If these machines are so bad why are you on a forum about them.

Flippy,

Yes they are oddball machine, no they will never appeal to the masses. Sounds like you might be one of the "masses". Correct me if I'm wrong but I assume you currently don't own an amphib. The point is you're not going to appear on this site and succeed in "setting us straight" about our hobby. If you spend some time navigating here you'll see a group nice intelligent people that enjoy a niche hobby for what it is. If you don't have anything constructive to add to the forum other than pedestrian comments I'd say feel free to move along. However if you want to stick around and enjoy the information like the rest of us then welcome.
    "Don't worry my Dad's a TV repairman, he has an excellent set of tools..I can fix It"

If you're going to make "pedestrian comments" as micmac said (well put!). You should just save yourself the time and save Mike the server space and not post naive and useless comments that aren't helpful to anyone.

You couldn't be more wrong or misinformed about that last post you made, but I'll try to address all of your inaccuracies. First off, Harley's use technology that is extremely outdated and you can't even compare it to your Honda. All Harley's do is cruise. They're not good for handling, accelerating, and your comparison of an AATV and Harley couldn't be more irrelevant. That has nothing to do with why AATVs keep on selling.......that's a completely inaccurate statement that's just totally out in left field. I can see that you don't have much experience with AATVs because they will outperform a quad and it's been proven. Come to one of the Busco Beach, NC rides and you'll see. We've made quite the name for ourselves down there and now very few of the 4 wheeler folks try to follow us through the deep mud holes because they know they can't. They've tried and failed. Even though AATV's are simple, they will outperform a 4 wheeler in the mud......physics is on our side with this argument and it's been proven time and time again. Spend some time researching it and watching all the videos rather than just rattling off uninformed commentary like that.

Next, you say you've spent a lot of time on Youtube watching the 4 wheelers with tracks yanking Argos with tracks all over the place? Hmmmmm do you mean the one or two videos of an old Argo with an open differential transmission and plastic tracks on ice getting pulled by a 4 wheeler with rubber tracks? It's called traction and plastic tracks don't do well on ice, compared to rubber tracks. Just because you've spent time on Youtube watching videos, I don't think that gives you the ability to make an informed judgment about AATVs. Maybe you should spend some more time on Youtube and watch more AATV vs. 4 wheeler videos like ones that the guys like Dan Edwards, MudBug, and Mike have posted of AATVs going through all the terrain that swallows the 4 wheelers. Or even better yet, go out and build and drive AATVs in some extreme terrain like all the other members on the site do and then maybe you can help by contributing some kind of helpful information, not these useless and incorrect ramblings that don't do a thing for anybody on the site.

Next, you say you've spent a lot of time up north and people up there don't prefer a "hard driving" skid steer vehicle for hunting? Tell that to 6X6World members like RockDoctor and all his buddies that actually LIVE up north and drive AATVs because no other vehicle including 4 wheelers can get where an AATV can. You then go on to say that modern tractors are going to hydrostatic drive. OK, well then you should be aware that you can buy AATVs with a hydrostatic drive system as well. The Mudd-Ox, Hydrotraxx, and KID just to name a few are hydrostatic drive.

If you love AATVs so much you should refrain from posting inaccurate comments that don't actually help people out and you should educate yourself some more before you go bashing AATVs based on little experience you have with them. If you want to learn more about them, you've come to the right place because we're a tight knit group that accepts and helps everyone. We'd love to help you out and I've even seen some members offer to meet up with you to go riding. That's how we are here.......it's a small niche market for AATVs (but it's certainly growing fast and strong thanks to the emergence of 6x6World). I've never met a better group of folks that has been there for one another and that's what you'll get with this site. But on the other hand, if you are going to continue to post things like you previously did, I'm going to agree with what other members mentioned and say that you should feel free to move along.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

The love we have for what we do, as a way of life and as a hobby, will be carressed by us and defended by all that are opposed! We are who we are, but ignorant we will never be. Join and enjoy or go play balll somewhere else.. And on the site's Anniversary, too,,,,,,,,,!!! It will be ok, your scars will heal over time. We practice positivity!

p.s. gents and gentettes, I've added reputation points to your profile. Consider it a kind gesture for my appreciation of your thoughts and the love for the community that we share!
    Last edited by fmints; 06-07-2012 at 08:50 AM. Reason: added rep points
    HUSTLEMANIAC and a HONORARY MEMBER of the
    BIGFOOT ALUMNI

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    I have seen honda 3 wheelers driven through swamps with the drivers having their feet on the handlbars because the water is so high.
    Whoa, whoa-WHOA! Their feet were on the HANDLEBARS?! Madness....

<snicker>

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    I never would have stuck with the scrambler in my younger years but it seems that once I hit 40 patience and respect for the good things in life are worth ones time and effort.6x6's are awesome
    Sigh....
    Last edited by hydromike; 06-07-2012 at 10:16 AM.

Not trying to get everyone upset,I have 2 scramblers one amphicat and 1 attex.I enjoy this sight and the people have helped me in every aspect,without this sight and the good people on it I would never have been able to get my first scrambler going.-I put a 16 hp flat twin briggs in it,I removed the clutch discs and put clutch material on the entire disk,not just on the out cirumference as the manufaturer did.I have a winch's in front and back,I added reverse with a winch motor and I made myown split sprocket and mounted on the main shaft without having to disassemble the trans.I have 20 years experience as a hilo mechanic,hydraulic repairman,stamping presses,motoman robots.rotary dies and laser etching etc etc.I do not want to be a buzz kill.Maybe I am just getting old and cranky,its like the person who has a stock chevy truck that never has a problem with it,but his neighbor has the same truck and puts a ton of money into it beefs everything up then beats on it till everything breaks.Both people can do what they please.I just get a little confused with the attitude sometimes of people.There is no reason to knock any atv,I brought up the 3 wheelers because many people still love them and beat the crap out of them they are not aatv's which is why I found it amazing how the 3 wheelers and 4 wheelers could go through water above the seat!any way-please forgive me-I dont ever expect to make money off of a 6 wheeler.Thats not why I own them-They are a hobby-Not trying to troll,Maybe I spent to much time repairing rollcoaters and gint conveyors and laminating machines that had chains and sprockets!-Hey I can take the abuse-It actually brings a smile to my face!-Now you guys know why my wife dumped me LOL!

well spoken!-I think I should not comment after 12 beers-I live by the motive of criticize things you dont know about.Sarcasm is not easy to convey.I dont know if the aatv's are stock or not,I just get made because I have a nice canal right behind my mothers house but I am scared to take either scrambler in the water do to I have no idea what keeps the water from coming in through the axle bearings,I have had the rear body plugs get pulled out when wheeling so that scares me to.My attex plastic body is complete trash with previos owners tried to fiberglass it.I flipped my recently purchased amphicat upside to inspect and found a huge crck down the entire middle of the body-so maybe the beer and the plain old negativity got the best of me.I do kneed to get with you guys and get straightend out.

Flippy,

Take a look at my gallery's colt concoction build thread. My machine was trash!!! I seriously only bought it for parts and a spare tranny. And you want to talk about cracks, by body had more than down town detroit. Right now it will float no problem. If some goo and effort can make my piece of trash a nice looking racer than anything is possible to fix. BTW the grease and bearing seals keeps the water out, and they will float without plugs for longer than you would think.
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

+ Reply to Thread