Max II Hard to Turn Left

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Max II Hard to Turn Left

i think i may of bent the float in the carb out of adjustment.....i was messing with it and noticed that i'm getting a mist of gas spraying up from carb........as far as i can tell theres no adjustment to the main jet....i have replaced the lines and cleaned the carb twice........i think a few more beers and i may get it......

well here's an update........i figured the carb problem.....i bent the float when i disassembled it ......straightened that out and it now doesn't flood....actually idles right...
    tomorrow i'm going to air up all the tired and re-try the trans out.......it has been sitting for awhile....could just need rode some....

well i finally got it back together....made the seat and wiring is done....still have the steering problem....i'm thinking i need to pull the t-20 apart........i'm thinking the bands are worn or damaged.......turns right alright....it really takes pulling hard on the stick to get it to go left........also i'm starting to think there isn't alot of members here......figured i'd get more responses.......slow month maybe

A huge portion of the sites member base has been preping for the races in Ashtabula OH over the last several weeks, so the site has been a bit slow. Before you pull the T-20, try running both of the left side plunger bolts in about a turn. See if that makes a difference in how it turns. If it is better like that, you probably just need to get everything back into proper adjustment. I will search around for a good thread on that procedure and update this post when I find it
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by racerone3 View Post
    A huge portion of the sites member base has been preping for the races in Ashtabula OH over the last several weeks, so the site has been a bit slow. Before you pull the T-20, try running both of the left side plunger bolts in about a turn. See if that makes a difference in how it turns. If it is better like that, you probably just need to get everything back into proper adjustment. I will search around for a good thread on that procedure and update this post when I find it
    a link would be great...........as for preparing for races that's awesome!!.....ill try to adjust it then.....

well i googled the trans band adjustment and apparently i need a special tool......can i adjust it with out the tool?

did you try running each in a turn???, this will let you know if adjustment will even get you there. My internet connection is fighting me today.... but if you go from the home page, left hand side, Articles, T-20 rebuild (Mike's) I think he covers base adjustments there, although it has been a long time sense I've read it. You don't need any special tool.... something to pry with and a tape measure. basically you want to pry each plunger out (in the machine just do it with the laterals... {steering sticks}), and measure how far they travel. adjust till all 4 are equal. once the travels are equal, see if the trans works as it should. if not run all 4 in an equal amount (IE: 1 turn each) and try again...
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

im getting ready to go adjust it...ill try the one turn....hope this helps it......

i got it adjusted and it seems to work better...still takes some force to get it to turn.....but i do notice it is easier.....i'm thinking about giving it another turn.....maybe it will do the trick.......i finally got the hole patched up....used sheet aluminum and pop rivets....the sealed it with seam sealer.....seem to be an alright patch.....i guess i'll know when i take it out....i still need to get some kind of plug for the rear drains....i'll check my local auto parts to see what i cam come up with....i'm thinking the rubber auto body plugs will do it......

here's updated pics...i'm pretty much finished with it...not bad..

max10.jpgmax3.jpgmax7.jpgmax8.jpgmax2.jpg

+ Reply to Thread