Attex Springer

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 49 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Attex Springer

Attex Springer

Last edited by whipper-ag; 07-10-2016 at 11:42 AM.

Looks like it will work good.

Whipper, that is awesome! Did you do all the machine work yourself?

Last edited by whipper-ag; 07-10-2016 at 11:43 AM.

I know! I'm drooling just looking at these pictures. I happen to have access to a large lathe and milling machine

Couple more questions:

- Is it just the picture or is the whole thing angled forward in relation to the tub?
    - How are you attaching the plate that everything is welded to onto the tub?

Edit: I thought I would include your video on here too if you don't mind:

http://s151.photobucket.com/albums/s...t=212c73a4.flv
    Last edited by Mike; 07-20-2007 at 01:18 AM. Reason: changed video

That's a neat modification! How far will that put you out in width?

Last edited by whipper-ag; 07-10-2016 at 11:44 AM.

Sounds good.

Whipper, that is some very impressive machine work you did there! Its really excellent to have such dedicated 6x6ers out there. I hope it works out well and who knows where this idea might take the concept of AATV's. Maybe they could get as big if not bigger than they were back in the 70's. I know that after I showed my friends in Georgia this site and what these machines are capable of, they all want to get one. Add 6 wheel independent suspension on these machines and then they will really be unstoppable. GREAT WORK!
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Outstanding, Whipper. The first real keep-the-wheels-on-the-ground suspension I've ever seen for an amphib six. Did you fab the CV axles or are they borrowed? Will you need to plate the inside of the body, or is the frame high enough (and strong enough) to take the stress? WAY cool!
    Stuck in the seventies- not in the swamp.

(6) Attex, a Hustler, a Super Swamp Fox, (2) Tricarts, (3) Tri-sports, a Sno-co trike, 3 Dunecycles, and a Starcraft! ...so far

+ Reply to Thread