Busco Beach in NC October 12-14, 2012

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Busco Beach in NC October 12-14, 2012

Well, Ladies and gentleman another one goes down in the books as a ride well done. Had a great time as normal. Missed a lot of the regulars but we met a lot of new members and i "Think" they had a great time. There were smiles for all and a few Yee-Haws!!!!!

Made it in around 3 so i will get unloaded and start the task of "CLEAN-UP".

A very strange event occurred as the wife and i were putting the last pillow and blanket in the truck for our trip to Busco. We has over slept a bit and were to meet McCoy at the BP at 03:30 but the clock did not go off(sure it was a malfunction) Time now is 03:40.....I hear a motorcycle now who is coming down my driveway at 03:40 in the morning.

The wife walks out onto the porch i am a little concerned about who this is...........well to make a long story short....it was my oldest son who had neglected to tell us that he was coming in from Florida. He had came home to visit for the weekend. Needless to say the wife stayed i went to the ride but left early today to get back in time to see him. All is well he doesn't leave until tomorrow so i will get to spend some time with him also.

Had the alarm clock went off as intended we would have been gone and would have missed him altogether. Strange how things work out sometimes.

Pretty cool,good stuff Lewis.

Joe.

Back from Busco. Took the Sur-Trek and discovered a few problems. 1st one: electrical. 2nd: Threw the drive chain to the front section but didn't know it till I got stuck. And then found a disintegrated bearing. Did get to drive it around for about an hour.

Thanks Lew, for letting us ride with you for the week end!!!!!

Sierra, is now hooked on AATV's She wants one!!!!

And Lewis... Thanks for the Steaks!!!!!!!!! What a great way to end the day... Great Friends and Great Food!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Joe M; 10-15-2012 at 05:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe M View Post
    Back from Busco. Took the Sur-Trek and discovered a few problems. 1st one: electrical. 2nd: Threw the drive chain to the front section but didn't know it till I got stuck. And then found a disintegrated bearing. Did get to drive it around for about an hour.

Thanks Lew, for letting us ride with you for the week end!!!!!

Sierra, is now hooked on AATV's She wants one!!!!
    Joe, in my book, you still have an awesome machine,,,, Im glad that you decided to bring it, so we all could share how awesome a machine you have.

I'm glad that Sierra enjoyed herself,,,,, When she gets her machine, it'll be just another cool member added to the bunch. Glad you made it home safely

Fred
    HUSTLEMANIAC and a HONORARY MEMBER of the
    BIGFOOT ALUMNI

I made it home around 8:30 last night, dropping little pieces of Busco the whole way home. What a great time! Several new faces showed up this year, and a lot of veterans were there as well. The conditions were really quite good, in my opinion. Not too dusty, plenty of mud and water where you wanted it, and amazing weather. No serious casualties, and lots of folks pitched in to put a couple 980s on the trail. (I'm still stoked that you brought it, Fred..... Your Hustler did amazing. Most of my pictures of you are blurry for some reason, but I'll still post them. )

I only drove my 980 for a few hours on Friday afternoon, focusing on trying to break in the Swamp Fox a little more so that I know what it'll do comfortably (apparently, it'll do most everything except swim faster than 1mph..., but as long as I'm not outrunning gators, I'm cool with that....). I stood her on her butt end crawling out of one mud hole, but John was there to save me from going over. She just keeps climbing. I had to spend some quality time on the Fox's front porch a few times in order to get out of holes since she's got a pretty short wheelbase, but it's a nice place to go for a ride.

It was great to see everybody and spend a few days down South. By the sounds of things, we may have indoctrinated a few more folks into the AATV hobby. That, and we tempered Kristy's (sp?) steel grip on her Max IV. There's no better way of getting acquainted with your machine than immersion therapy.

I've uploaded some pictures into the Fall 2012 Busco gallery for your enjoyment.
    Last edited by hydromike; 10-15-2012 at 10:09 AM.

Nice pics Mike,thanks for posting.

Joe.

Man what a wonderful time I had at Busco! Only thing that would have made it better would be the tires on the Hustler not failing me. Big thanks to Fred for taking the time to weld up the exhaust. I got a good solid run with it and it sounds awesome. I went everywhere Mike and Fred went with theirs. My conquest ran excellent as well. The only issue is that I cannot go as fast as before, the tires swell out and start to hit each other. I got home at 6pm Sunday evening, clean up is slowly going. Thanks to Lewis for the Saturday night steak supper too, that was awesome!

Even if the Argo stayed down, me and my group had a blast too. It was a killer experience getting to see all those incredible machines. BIG BIG BIG thanks to LEWIS for hooking me up! I appreciate the heck out of your time and help. Big ups to fmints too! Thanks for helping to diagnose and work on the Conquest. There were several other members that helped with tools and such, I am terrible with names but you know who you are and I appreciate you! Being my first time at Busco, I was thrilled with the park. I can't wait for the next ride! We'll have wives and kids with us next time and hopefully a fine-tuned machine.

Again thanks for everyone's help. I will have pictures and videos up within the next few days.

Quote Originally Posted by fmints View Post
    Joe, in my book, you still have an awesome machine,,,, Im glad that you decided to bring it, so we all could share how awesome a machine you have.

I'm glad that Sierra enjoyed herself,,,,, When she gets her machine, it'll be just another cool member added to the bunch. Glad you made it home safely

Fred

Thanks Fred!

Well. Just got home myself. Made a family stop on the way back. I had a blast, and it was great to be back after three and a half years. I spend a bit of time in Mike's Fox, Brian's Rhonda (OK, that doesn't sound right ) and Lewis' Argo. Thanks for the rides! And also Mike for letting me drive that Fox, and Brian for some Attex 8-wheeler stick time. If you keep the tires touching that fox is an absolute tank, just touch the throttle and it keeps going. And the Attex, while a learning curve from the 6-wheeled counterpart, is a blast and pretty darn capable too. Joe, it was great to see a sur-trek in person finally. (As well as a Super Swamp Fox, Attex 8x8, Camel centipede, Hustler Bigfoot..) I wish it was up and running, but it's still one hell of a cool machine. Hope to see it go next time!
    Not having a machine kinda sucked, but I rode with the group on my bike Sunday and that was still fun too. I just didn't take the deep mud-holes, and since everything was so much drier, that wasn't a big deal.
    It was great meeting a whole bunch of members I haven't before, and see you guys again from the last time I made an event.
    I hope my work situation stays on track so I can make one a year.
    Attex 295 Wild Wolf: My Runner
    Attex 252? Colt? Racer 80%: My Racer to be..... SOMEDAY
    Attex Super Chief - Sold.

+ Reply to Thread