Busco Beach in NC October 12-14, 2012

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Busco Beach in NC October 12-14, 2012

well I just got bad news, I will not be able to make the fall ride. I will be at Ft Irwin CA for training to prepare for Afghanistan and won't be back until the 22nd Oct, but I will see if Mel would like to take the girls to get away.
    Hold My B..R and Watch This!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CBass View Post
    well I just got bad news, I will not be able to make the fall ride. I will be at Ft Irwin CA for training to prepare for Afghanistan and won't be back until the 22nd Oct, but I will see if Mel would like to take the girls to get away.
    Well that just plain sucks to hear bro. Have fun at NTC! Send the girls to play in the mud and we'll take a bunch of pics and videos for you to enjoy from a distance.

Hate to hear that Cory and yes, hope Mel will come and join in with the gang. Be safe!!!

Cory, hate that man. gonna miss riding with ya. hope Mel and kids can make it. Be safe man. Hope we can get together for a ride a duhramtown some time

It's official! I ended up buying an Argo 8x8 750hdi from Ken Bost up in Rockwell, NC. I am loving it. Count me in for sure for Busco Beach!!.....Side note, is it normal to roll the tire off the rim with 5psi on it? It rolled off twice while out at Carolina Adventure world last weekend, same tire/rim. Also, I constantly hear a metal clanking. Is that normal? I pinpointed the noise to the drive clutch. When you turn up the rpm the clutch engages and a small metal bushing just rattles on the shaft of the clutch.....Didn't know if that is something that is normal. The bushing seems to just slide back and forth on the shaft while the clutch is engaged causing the metal "clanking". Any comments or thoughts on this is greatly appreciated!

Great to hear that you have a 750HDI, you will really enjoy it. Rockwell is my neck of the woods and Ken is about 2 miles from me.

One about the tires: I run 7 psi in the front tires to keep the tires from being forced off the rim, the old square peg in a round hole thing, the rest i run a 5 psi. I have been running these tires for about 3 years now and this is the combination that works for my machine. The ruts are elliptical because of the design of most of atv tires, the at189 is more like a block so as the tires pushes into the run the side force at low pressure will press the tires of the rim.

The clanking you here is in the transmission. It has triple planetary gears and that is the way they sound, i had to get used to it myself the 2006 Avenger i had did not make this noise. The transmission is fine and you have bought it from one of the best dealers, he knows his stuff and will back the machine. Are you local to the Rockwell area?

Hope to see you and your new machine in October at the Busco ride and BTW what color is the machine?

Lewis

Good to hear that the noise is normal. I appreciate the insight as well to the tires/rims. I have really enjoyed working with Ken. I had spoken to him many times before buying it and he always answered all my questions. Good guy for sure. I live in Mt. Holly; just down I-85 about exit 27. The Argo is black. If you ever go riding let me know.

I'm in for the October ride!

Quote Originally Posted by CBass View Post
    CBass:
    Good luck on the training and the tour in Afghanistan. My old unit is the 11TH ACR, they are the OPFOR at the training sites in Cali., I know from visiting with the folks there that the new training scenarios are as realistic as any you will find in the middle east.
    Best of wishes on the depolyments, and we will see ya down the road at other events.

Noel

Bad new and good news:

The bad news is that I'm also going to Afghanistan. I will be training soon at Fort Polk, La, and will be out of the net for a month in a week or so. This makes my leave start on the 15th of October, which is after Busco.

The good new is that, there may be a slight possibility that I can adjust my leave days to allow me to go to Busco. I will have to wait and see on this one. I hope I will be able to pull it off, and make the ride. It wont be the same without Cory,, but with the rest of the gang and Mel driving her new Max IV, we'll have lots of pics, video and laughs to share with Cory.

Wish me luck!!
    HUSTLEMANIAC and a HONORARY MEMBER of the
    BIGFOOT ALUMNI

+ Reply to Thread