New Argo Titan 8x8

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: New Argo Titan 8x8

Thanks for posting the pictures.That is a mean looking argo.

You the man 8X8 two stroker!!! I want one.... maybe ill find a used one in ten years!!!

I really like how easy it is to work on.
    Last edited by mudbug3; 12-09-2012 at 06:12 PM.

It has 31hp on the serial number plate.

The Argo Titan has the top and bottom automatic chain tensioners just like those that are used on the Argo Centaur and not like the chain tensioners that are now used on the other new Argo models. Does this mean that the Argo Titan can counter rotate like the Centaur model? It also looks like it has automatic chain oilers too?
    Last edited by mudbug3; 07-16-2012 at 03:51 PM.

The front end with the eyebrows over the lights looks like a styling cue from a Muddox to me.

Looks like some topics got merged. Spookum's video did in fact have the Titan in it, I had never seen that one before. Looks like it got some real world R&D. ODG is definately going for direct competetion with the Mudd Ox. I'm really suprised ODG didn't go with a mid-engine design since the centaur is already mid-engine. That would have separated the Titan even farther from the Avenger. Either way, I think the Titan is a super heavy duty machine solely for working, where the Avenger can be used for playing. A diesel option would further separate the two Argo models. The front 'hood' area looks big enough for a V8, so maybe a diesel is planned.
    Last edited by MaxRules; 07-21-2012 at 04:01 PM.
    Everybody dies, but not everybody lives.

Looking at the pictures it has 2 bilge exits, one on each side. I like how the skid plate comes up high on the front too. Looks like it would be a real monster out in the swamp, add some Adair tracks to it..

It also looks like ODG is playing with different tire types and position on the Centaurs.
    Acta non verba

Quote Originally Posted by mudbug3 View Post
    The Argo Titan has the top and bottom automatic chain tensioners just like those that are used on the Argo Centaur and not like the chain tensioners that are now used on the other new Argo models. Does this mean that the Argo Titan can counter rotate like the Centaur model? It also looks like it has automatic chain oilers too?
    It has the same motor and transmission as a new HDI...biggest improvements is in the accessibility of major components, centaur style sealed bearings, improved centaur style chain tensioners, adjustable steering position, more attachment friendly designed frame and body, etc...

I think that this is a great blend of the performance and drivability of a top of the line argo but with the durability and serviceability of the heavy duty centaur line

Pretty cool machine

Tim

+ Reply to Thread