New Argo Titan 8x8

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: New Argo Titan 8x8

If you like it tim, im in love with it! I cant wait to see you slap it with a set of adair tracks and see wheather your ainti chiain wind up parts will be needed!

Tim brought an Argo 8x8 Avenger to river run atv park with the Adair tracks on it, and with out any ' track tuners ' on it ,and that machine never had any chain wind up issues the whole week end he was there.

In my opinion, it almost appears like Argo just kind of threw this model together. It's neat that they took some components from the Centaur, but I am surprised that from the design of the upper half of the body, they didn't do anything other than just the front of the firewall. and since there is less weight in the back now and more weight in the front with the larger engine, seems like the center of gravity is thrown way off. I would have expected Argo to have a more complete looking machine and possibly hydraulic drive if it was going to compete with the Mudd-Ox. I will say the front does have a nice look though, but it looks like a combo of a Mudd-Ox around the headlights and the molded grill in the Max II lol. just my .02

Quote Originally Posted by spookum View Post
    If you like it tim, im in love with it! I cant wait to see you slap it with a set of adair tracks and see wheather your ainti chiain wind up parts will be needed!
    Thanks spookum ... :-)

This drive line with the centaur style chain tensioners (very similar in function to an older generation argo chain tensioner) will not suffer as much damage from rubber or steel type tracks (Adair and other plastic tracks don't create enough friction between the tire and track to create any noticeable chain wind up)....not to say that rubber or steel tracks on a new titian wouldn't benifit from the reduction of rolling resistance and reduced stress on all driveline components that track tuners provide, but I think that the machine is less likely to break its own driveline components without them...

Really looking forward to this and all the other innovations that the designers and manufactures are bringing to this market ...we are living in an exciting time from a technology and development standpoint and there is no doubt a lot of time, money, and ambition being invested by all the companies to deliver superior machines :-)

Tim
    Last edited by Obsessed; 07-18-2012 at 11:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by andylmusic76 View Post
    In my opinion, it almost appears like Argo just kind of threw this model together. It's neat that they took some components from the Centaur, but I am surprised that from the design of the upper half of the body, they didn't do anything other than just the front of the firewall. and since there is less weight in the back now and more weight in the front with the larger engine, seems like the center of gravity is thrown way off. I would have expected Argo to have a more complete looking machine and possibly hydraulic drive if it was going to compete with the Mudd-Ox. I will say the front does have a nice look though, but it looks like a combo of a Mudd-Ox around the headlights and the molded grill in the Max II lol. just my .02
    Hi andylmusic76...good observations and comments....in my opinion, styling have never been much of a consideration of any of the designers or consumers of these unique machine....these machines could easly be built to look like any other model either current or past, and if we were in another market (fourwheelers, side-by-sides, etc) style and apperance would start to be of more importance to the manufactures and we would start to see ever changing bright color schemes, crazy decals, fancy chrome accessories, etc....as i recall those efforts have always produced big no sellers for the companies, and today there is almost only one color that these machines are even built in (with very few exceptions)...not to say that all of these machines are not beautiful in their own way to some of us (i'll be the first to say that even my old MAX II with aluminum wheels, tracks, and a good coat of mud does have a certain amount of sex appeal...lol...do i have a second?)

as far as the headlight update as well as all the other subtle improvements are simply revisions that come from two other proven and superior machines (HDI's and Centaur's)...those machines dont leave a lot to improve, but noticable changes are a direct attempt to improve functions like cooling, major component access, serviceability, drivability, load carrying capacity, etc.... in my opinion i think that the only reasion for the headlight change was to improve the accessability and replaceability of a headlight(have you ever tried replacing a knocked out headlight on an avenger???)...most other designes prior to this would leave a large hole in the front of the body if a headlamp was damaged or knocked out (all other mfgs included) not only is this design far safer when entering or traveling through water with a damaged or missing headlight, but they are also much easier to customize or upgrade at a later point....

i think that if you really study the collection of some of the best parts and features that ODG has to offer as well as the loads of new technology that this machine debuts, you will see some really innovative minds at work, but maybe not a lot of focus on style...

tim

hi there do you have any pics of the track tuners,i never seen them before

Quote Originally Posted by lamonte Halleran View Post
    hi there do you have any pics of the track tuners,i never seen them before

This is a web link showing what the ' track tuner's ' look like.

http://www.adairargosales.com/index....151&Itemid=163

thanks for the info

Quote Originally Posted by 1975 Argo 8x8 2-Stroker View Post
    Hey Guys,

Long time no talk, I've since sold my Argo, but still have the hobby running through me veins!

Went up to my local dealer and seen a strange looking Argo... but could it be...

It was!!

My dealer is one on the only ones in Canada (and the only in Ontario) to have the new 2013 Argo Titan Demo.

Dosen't look liuke there's anything posted on here of it yet, so thought I'd make this thread.

The machine is essentially an Argo Centaur chassis, single roller-80 chain, auto chain lubers, top and bottom automatic chain adjusters, the whole works, with an Argo HDI tranmission and engine (Kohler 750cc 31hp EFI and the Argo Admiral transmission).

It has some pretty neat features, one of which we were really impressed with. The steering column can be slid from the right, to the center, to the left side of the machine via a post running along the length of the firewall, it also doubles as a handle.

Just ask if you have any questions, the owner of the dealership gave us the complete breakdown on it, I'm just to tired to post anymore, just got off nightshift where abouts in Ontario is the dealer and a phone number? thanks

Ok, picture time!! (sorry about the fence and all the argos around it, made it akward as hell to take pictures plus I had to use my telephoto lens lol)

Sweet looking Argo Centuar too, love the Argo Heat tires!

where in Ontario is the dealer and a phone number if you have it thanks

I think the new Argo Titan is going to be a VERY BIG seller in the commercial industry.

Last edited by mudbug3; 09-04-2012 at 05:07 PM.

+ Reply to Thread