New Argo Titan 8x8

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: New Argo Titan 8x8

Argo XTI

I had some time today so I decided to rip into the old 2001 Argo Bigfoot. Since I had done my spring service I had some rigt side noise and had noticed that my 2 main drive chains where loose. Now my Bigfoot is not your standard abused pos. I bought it a few years ago and have had the thing gone through. All new high quality chains, larger HD bearing and axel upgraded all the way around, electric fuel pump and the new Argo heat tires. Its a nice machine and has really impressed everyone who has seen/riden in it. So anyways I found that the inboard front right bearing was toast. Actually first I was trying to get the auto tensioner to go to the next notch and while there I found a cage for some balls out of a bearing, the half of the inner race. This obviously led me to the failed bearing. Not haveing the time to do the job and knowing my next several weeks only allowed for little free time I put the machine back together and called barrows ATV. Bob who owns/operates the dealership is a great guy to work with and has always been quick to help me out in the past. So I threw the Argo on the trailer and grabbed my father to take a run down there (my father wanted to go look at a special addition 8x8 in HD camo. Well we had the chance to check out that machine, and I though god this thing is just amazing, what will they come up with next? To awnser my question bob called me over to his trailer and proceeded to open it. Inside was one of the most buitifull things I have ever seen. It was as he deacribed it an Argo sitting on a centaur tub. Looking the thing over I really think Argo has hit big marks. Huge 60 chains, these things look like they could run a tank, and an auto luber system to reduce maint and give longer life.
    Even the tensioners looked like nice upgrades.
    Overall it's the nicest Argo has ever produced in my opinion. I would buy one in a sec, but I don't have 35k lying around to spend that the wife wouldn't know about. Anyone else checked these out?
    Last edited by Mike; 05-25-2013 at 05:27 PM. Reason: merged thread with existing thread just to keep the discussion in one location

Yeah, I got 35 grand in my back pocket (we all do, eh?), but I don't want to spend five million it would take to send it up here, in North Alaska.

All fun aside, the XTI still has about the same size tires and ground clearance as my Avenger, so I can't justify the extra expense. I tend to think my Avenger can go where the XTI can go, and get there with a better sounding name!

+ Reply to Thread