Just picked up a Scrambler project.

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Just picked up a Scrambler project.

Looks great-I did what you said you might do,I used the clutch material on the brakes,it worked fine.

Thanks everyone, I've got the engine mounted to the clutch assembly now and will be leaving shortly to get to work on this. I need to cut off the studs on the last tire, put the chains in, put the engine/clutch assembly in, and hook up the throttle cable. Then bolt the 2 halfs back together, and see how it goes. With any luck, it will be driving this afternoon.

Does anyone have any pictures of the clutch assembly? I think I got it right but not 100% sure. Is there anything that makes the clutch plates push against eachother besides the cylinder that moves the plate in and out?

Got a bunch of chain cut today, but need half links to do it right. Engine is it, only clearance issue is the gas tank, so I'm going to use the original one with a 12v pump. Gotta bleed the hydrolic lines now, any tips on that?

you should be able to adjust the chain without the half links. loosen the 4 bolts that pull up the trans frame and then the 2 bolts on the vertical slot adjacent to the 4 bolts. loosen the 2 bolts under the trans frame where it attaches to the u bracket. adjust the jack shaft chains first. Then adjust the middle to rear chains. with the 4 bolts then tighten the u bracket bolts and then the 2 vertical slot bolts. get a small grease gun. a palm grease gun works very well. clean it of any grease and fill the chamber where the grease would sit with Automatic transmission fluid you may have to make a gasket where the grease tube seals against the gun pump head to keep the fluid from leaking. use the grease gun to fill the slave cylinders back to the masters and plastic bottle by attaching to the grease fittings.
    Acta non verba

Ah I was wondering why it didn't have any traditional adjusters, . Ill still pick up some half links just in casebut ill give that a try. So those caps aren't bleeders I take it, no wonder I wasn't getting anywhere.

With any luck it will be at least moving tomorrow. If the clutches slip, is there any way to increase the pressure they press against each other with?

OK eventful day. Got chains fuel lines and wiring done. Tried a few different ways to get the throttle cable routed with no success. But it was idling high and wanted to go so I took it for a loop around my 1 acre field. Other than running on the brakes it went fairly well. The 2 rear chains are too loose now so I need to take a couple of links out, get the throttle cable right and bolt the top back on. Tomorrow morning will be busy...

Hello I am rebuilding a scrambler also and your journey is an inspiration to me. I have an axle that is being replaced and then it will be moving>

They seem to be pretty easy to rebuild overall. I've been busy last couple of weeks but it's in a driveable state. I need to tighten and clean a few things up and I'm hoping to see if it swims labor day weekend. Certainly interesting to drive but once you get used to it it's pretty fun.

so what kind of speed r you getting? as i am nearing a replacement and still not sure on hp. mine is a 7hp. just wondering if the 16 made it faster or just more power

+ Reply to Thread