Just picked up a Scrambler project.

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Thread: Just picked up a Scrambler project.

Cool-Eventually you will get all the problems ironed out and have one tough machine.-Made my lug adapters out of 1/4" diamond plate steel then welded them to the original hubs.I break a shear pin or bolt on the axle every now and then but thats about it.

Got the tires back on and took it for its first trail ride today. Interesting to drive that's for sure. Took a trail upriver and swam back. Other than tightening some chains things seem to be going well.

Cool!-I like my scrambler-Once you get the bugs ironed out they are fun machines.

Got this thing into a garage last week for cleanup. Messed around with it a bit this fall but could never really "trust" it due to needing a new belt. So this winter I'm going to get the chains straightened out, rebuild the motor mount, new throttle and choke cable brackets. Re-route all the wiring, and wire in a bilge pump, fuel pump, and headlights all into one switch panel. Then building flanges with a removable spacer so belt changes are no longer virtually impossible on the trail. Also installing a rear "hitch" mostly for just hauling a sled for ice fishing etc. If all that goes well, its on to building a rack for the back, and looking into getting the fiberglass fully repaired. One question though, has anyone ever mounted an atv winch on one of these? Will a large backing plate be strong enough to pull this thing out if I get it stuck, or is it just going to damage everything?

I had a atv winch mounted to my scrambler-I had it mounted to the steel body band I had made.It was in front and I yanked that scrambler over 20 times in one dark night!-I would turn into unknown territory only to end up climbing small trees because of no reverse I usually ended up winching straight up and over anything in my way-Never had a problem with the winch or the scrambler body.

Now there is an idea. Did you just replace the black plastic molding with like steel angle?

yes I used angle iron and 1/4-20 bolts .I used bed frames that I had ,worked great!

This weekend is going to be about wiring the lights and bilge pump. Any suggestions on plumbing? Just flex hose and punch a hole in the side for like a flush mount fitting perhaps?

I'm looking for the friction friction material for my scrambler so it will go better and turn it's all but gone any info on this would be greatly appreciated or of any fixes anyone knows

+ Reply to Thread