2008 (8x8) Avenger 700- Shuts off and wont start.

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2008 (8x8) Avenger 700- Shuts off and wont start.

2008 (8x8) Avenger 700- Shuts off and wont start.

I've been working with this machine for the past year. Last season we used it pretty hard and had no issues. This season I've been having trouble keeping it running continuously. It'll run great to begin with, and after it reaches 170deg F, it will shut down and wont start. Some times it will start back up after 20-30 minutes, but it just recently left me stranded in the middle of a stand of Phragmites. The radiator grill is clean, oil level is fine, and the spark plugs were just changed. I don't suspect a fuel issue but I haven't ruled that out yet. I haven't found out if there is high temperature shut-off sensor, but that was another guess.

If there are any suggestions I would appreciate any insight! Its a Kohler 674cc liquid cooled engine. The application is wetland related, it has tracks, and a recently mounted a 100lb sprayer. I am still under the load limit and have a once a year service check done by a dealer in Bay City.

I am no mechanic and new to Argos, but that sure sounds like fuel vapor lock.

Have you tried unscrewing the gas cap when this happens?

Agree with sounds of a lock. Bay City... are you from Michigan?

Sounds like you may have a coil breaking down.

The only way to troubleshoot one like this is to verify if it's dead from lack of spark or fuel. Take your old spark plugs and snap them in the wires and ground the bases. Crank over and observe the color and and amount of spark. Next time it dies do the same thing. If spark is weak, white in color or not visible at all an ignition component is failing. A quick test for lack of fuel is a small squirt of starting fluid in the air cleaner intake. If it tries to run then dies lack of fuel is the problem. I prefer to give starting fluid while someone is cranking the engine already. Lack of fuel can be a number of things, vapor lock , fuel pump running intermittently or bad fuel line??? Hope this helps pin it down

+ Reply to Thread