1979 factory tracked Superchief

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: 1979 factory tracked Superchief

1979 factory tracked Superchief

Well here it is, the first day home with the Superchief.

Hey, where's the exhaust?!

As a factory prepaired tracked machine it enters out the top engine cover. It came with tracks and tires for the tracks plus a set of Chevron tires, a new windshield and a top that was never even installed.

This machine was bought new in 1979 buy the sellers neibor when he was 14. They had a 5 acre yard with a pond. I was told they just pounded around the yard and made hi speed runs into the pond with it and never really ran it any place else. It was put in storage in 1982 when he got his drivers license, go figure.

After a quick bath I thought it looked OK at least for starters.

Love those Attex stickers

Now you can't buy a machine without getting a manual and some literature, it just wouldn't be right.

Plan is to get her cleaned up and put away while I get the Max IV turned into a Max III and Adair tracked up. But when that's done boy...look for maybe the first Adair tracke Attex Superchief?

Keith.
    Last edited by kghills; 10-30-2012 at 09:58 PM. Reason: pictures had disappeared

I own the same machine a 1979 tracked SC with the green bottom yellow top I have tracks for it

Nice machine! Looks like you got a heck of a deal.
    Stuck in the seventies- not in the swamp.

(6) Attex, a Hustler, a Super Swamp Fox, (2) Tricarts, (3) Tri-sports, a Sno-co trike, 3 Dunecycles, and a Starcraft! ...so far

Quote Originally Posted by L.D.Bruce View Post
    I own the same machine a 1979 tracked SC with the green bottom yellow top I have tracks for it
    Cool that means there are at least two of us out there set up to run tracks.

I took a little time to Foamy Engine Brite the inner tub this morning and took a few laps. I'm looking forward to loopking for parts and working on it. It should be a real nice machine.

Time to start that wish list.

Keith.
    Last edited by kghills; 10-30-2012 at 09:46 PM.

Very nice! It's cool you have the manual and paperwork too!
    -Attex ST/300/D - "The Duck." Family owned since the early '70's
    -Attex ST/300/D- Resto/mod project! (not yet started)
    -Attex 440 Thunderchief Racer (not yet started)
    -Attex ST/400 (not yet started)
    -Hustler 980 BIGFOOT- A work in progress (SOLD)
    -1999 Max Buffalo Truck (SOLD)
    -1989 Max IV - A Max four my kids. (In progress)

Quote Originally Posted by Don View Post
    Nice machine! Looks like you got a heck of a deal.
    Thanks Don I really appreciated all the info and help you gave me in deciding to purchase it. I think it is going to be a great addition and Jason is excited about having a two stroke.

Keith.

I saw it. kghills (Keith) stopped by my place and checked out my stuff for sale after he picked this up. Nice machine and a helluva nice guy. Congrats on the new toy!!!!
    Attex, there is no substitute

Very nice!
    Banned

Wow, she's a beauty! And it looks like it has pretty much every factory option on it too. It's nice to know the history behind the machine and have all the original literature as well. Are the tires for the tracks (the turf tires) 20x10x8? If so, I think I might have to get some of those because I have a set of factory Attex tracks that I might run on my green Superchief or Tomahawk 'Lil Truck.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Quote Originally Posted by jpswift1 View Post
    Wow, she's a beauty! And it looks like it has pretty much every factory option on it too. It's nice to know the history behind the machine and have all the original literature as well. Are the tires for the tracks (the turf tires) 20x10x8? If so, I think I might have to get some of those because I have a set of factory Attex tracks that I might run on my green Superchief or Tomahawk 'Lil Truck.
    Thanks, the tires are a Goodyear 18x9.5-8. I looked at the few other factory tracked pictures I could find on the site and believe that is the size the others came with also, however, it looks like there is easily room to run a 20 inch tire with the plastic tracks unless they were after a lower final gearing with the smaller tire. It also uses a 3-5 bolt adapter for the wheels on the turf tires.

Keith.

+ Reply to Thread