Attex - help me identify please

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Attex - help me identify please

Attex - help me identify please

hello guru's - I am buying an Attex 295 today - giving 250 for it and the only problem is that it's got no spark - hopefully an easy fix. Please see the photos and comment on transmission ( what type of tranny is this ) - I rebuilt a MAX II and now I'm addicted to 6 wheelers
    Attached Images

transmission is either a baker hill 5000 or a 7000 look on the tag on top of the tranny it should say on it.
    If it don't have 6 wheels and floats.. isn't any good to me. Have you ever tried floating a 4 wheeler across a pond... Doesn't work very well does it?

That's an Attex ST/300. It's a first generation machine and it has the Baker Hill "Power Transmission" 7000 or 5000 like AATV junkie mentioned. It looks VERY clean and you're getting a GREAT deal on it! It looks like it even has the factory outboard motor mount on it too.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

The tires and shafts may be an issue - what are my options ? I own a lathe and milling machine and it seems like I could make an adapter hub or something. Some of the rims have already been changed over -

Congrats on the purchase! This one was on craigslist if my memory serves me right. It's a pretty nice and clean looking 300. You don't see too many ones like this that aren't spray bombed or something like that. Gotta love that original yellow!
    -Attex ST/300/D - "The Duck." Family owned since the early '70's
    -Attex ST/300/D- Resto/mod project! (not yet started)
    -Attex 440 Thunderchief Racer (not yet started)
    -Attex ST/400 (not yet started)
    -Hustler 980 BIGFOOT- A work in progress (SOLD)
    -1999 Max Buffalo Truck (SOLD)
    -1989 Max IV - A Max four my kids. (In progress)

can someone tell me a little about the shafts or rims ? - This thing has 3 different types of rims attached. What's a good way to standardize and get some low cost tires on it? Thanks - I'm liking this Attex so far but she has a 5" vertical split in the tub - near front left bearing wall - suggestions for repair?

To fix your crack problem, I suggest mixing acetone with some scrap abs preferably from the same color attex to make goo. I make it in old salsa jars as acetone doesn't effect glass and they have a wider lid. Drill the and of the crack and v the crack open a bit with a dremmel or what not. Then clean the area with acetone several about 3 times very thoroughly. Finally painters tape the outside of the crack and apply your goo with a plastic bondo knife. The abs won't stick to it when it dries and you can peel it off and throw it back in your goo mixture.

As for the rim job, on the home page under the "manuals" section is where I believe you can find a 3 to 5 adaptor diagram http://www.6x6world.com/images/broch...g-template.pdf as well as a 3 to 4 adaptor diagram http://www.6x6world.com/images/broch...ug-adapter.pdf. You simple print it up and take it to and can fab it using the exact dimensions on the paper so you know where to drill. Then do a search for cheap rims on here and you will find a place for under $15 each.

Finally, lets wrap it up with rubbers. Good luck getting swimmers cheap. You will have to look for used tires if you cannot shell out at least $60+ shipping.
    Last edited by amphibious drew; 07-21-2012 at 08:51 PM.
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

Jim and Drew gave you great ideas, and I'll tell you this too. Whatever you do, DON'T EVER deal with Richard Clark/Route6x6. You'll pay way too much money for inferior quality parts, you'll get horrible customer service, and you'll be sure to break the bank before you even get your machine up and going. We'll help you out and point you in the right direction to get it up and running (reliably) and you'll save a lot of money and frustration. Good luck with the project, I bet it'll turn out very well.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Rims, and tires Carlisle - 21 x 12 - 8

Thanks for the great helpful hints guys - very much appreciated !! I agree that the Relics prices seem silly high

Mixing the Acetone and some ABS shavings - good idea for a tub repair - I will try it - will that have any strength after it cures? Should I add a plate or some RTV or etc? will this Acetone / ABS mixture be strong enough to make a good seam?

Thanks for the wheel adapter pattern - I can make that on my Bridgeport and lathe - looks like one of the hubs has already been updated to accommodate the newer rim

Here are 2 Question for y'all...

#1 -Rims and tires...?

I have a mix match of extra wheels that came mounted on this Attex ...
    4 of these are matching - good newer style rims with 4- matching good tires -
    The tires are 21 x 12 - 8 Carlisle.
    See the photo and the left most tire - silver colored rim - I have 4 of these but need to find 2 more of this type of tire and rim.. - that will give me a good set of 6 matching - Can you help me identify the tire or where I might buy some ?

#2 - Bearing hubs ...?
    This has 2 different types of hubs ? I will try to get a photo but I'm wondering what the originals should look like ? The hubs I'm talking about is where the shaft goes through the tub wall - the hubs between the shaft and the tub - these hubs must have the seals or the bearings in them ?? They appear to be aluminum casting - and have a rubber gasket installed where they attach to the tub . Any photos or links of these hubs - originals? or updates?
    Attached Images

+ Reply to Thread