SuperChief 1 L.D.Bruce and friend 0

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: SuperChief 1 L.D.Bruce and friend 0

SuperChief 1 L.D.Bruce and friend 0

Learned a couple of hard lessons this weekend. A few guys from my unit in Iraq went camping first time I have seen some in over 3 years. Being stupid I took the SC I found that no roll bar X no seatbelts X Beer = Pain I had made the hill many times prior to the roll over with no problem maybe going to fast. Everything looked good on the last run my buddy riding shot gun with a beer next thing I know we are laid out on the trail with the superchief tumbling over the top of us I have trail rash on my face I also had shorts on so my legs look like hamburger my buddy looks close but had long pants on. The machine did land up right with no damage those 4140 axles did not bend or break. I will now be installing a roll bar and seat belts Pic is before the wreck
    Attached Images
    Last edited by L.D.Bruce; 07-23-2012 at 09:19 AM.

OMG, LD. Glad you guys are O.K.

Bridget

Quote Originally Posted by L.D.Bruce View Post
    Learned a couple of hard lessons this weekend. A few guys from my unit in Iraq went camping first time I have seen some in over 3 years. Being stupid I took the SC I found that no roll bar X no seatbelts X Beer = Pain I had made the hill many times prior to the roll over with no problem maybe going to fast. Everything looked good on the last run my buddy riding shot gun with a beer next thing I know we are laid out on the trail with the superchief tumbling over the top of us I have trail rash on my face I also had shorts on so my legs look like hamburger my buddy looks close but had long pants on. The machine did land up right with no damage those 4140 axles did not bend or break. I will now be installing a roll bar and seat belts Pic is before the wreck
    Sorry to hear about the rollover,,,, I see someone forgot about the "rollover drills" that was often forced into our brains!! Safety first L.D.! Looking forward to seeing pics of the new cage and all. Glad that you two are ok, and are around to share your experience with everyone else. Its always good to meet up with ol Vets that you served with!!
    HUSTLEMANIAC and a HONORARY MEMBER of the
    BIGFOOT ALUMNI

Good thing you did not have seat belts....that would have been bad without a cage.

Glad nobody got more than some "trail rash."
    Banned

It all took place so fast there was no time for a roller over drill Funny you said that because that is what the rider said. I think I hit a hump and the new 2 ply tires bounced taking us into the air. I thought for sure I broke the SC the only thing wrong was it knocked the battery lose It's still on the trailer I was to sore to unload it. At least the decals I got from Whipper did not get any scratches. I have no clue how fast I was going I had the hammer down going down a steep hill. It could have been worse as the trail had trees on bolth sides and as far as I know we did not hit them

Lucky, LD! Glad everyone's okay. You're a true Attex guy-Rolls over at high speed up a hill, is so sore he can't even get the SC off the trailer the next day and says "At least the decals I got from Whipper did not get any scratches."
    Stuck in the seventies- not in the swamp.

(6) Attex, a Hustler, a Super Swamp Fox, (2) Tricarts, (3) Tri-sports, a Sno-co trike, 3 Dunecycles, and a Starcraft! ...so far

Glad you and your comrades are ok. Seems like a close call: the kind that many of us have had///many times.

I know I was sore for 2 months. But a young guy like you should be good in a couple weeks. Glad to here it wasn't your time to be called back home.

Keith.

ADAIR TRACKS, WITHOUT 'EM YOUR JUST SPINNING YOUR WHEELS
    REMEMBER KIDS, THE FIRST "A" in AATV STANDS FOR AMPHIBIOUS

Last edited by whipper-ag; 07-13-2016 at 01:20 PM.

+ Reply to Thread