6x6 Ride at the Badlands ORV Park - Attica, IN September 14-15

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: 6x6 Ride at the Badlands ORV Park - Attica, IN September 14-15

6x6 Ride at the Badlands ORV Park - Attica, IN September 14-15

I was talking to Matt Oxender the other day and we're setting up a 6x6 ride at the Badlands. It's been 11 years since I've been there riding with Matt and about 50 other 6x6 enthusiats. That was the good ol' days of riding, and it still stands as the best place to go six wheelin' today. We plan to get there Friday, September 14th and camp over night for more riding on Saturday. We will probably also do some riding with the Polaris Rzr, so bring your quad also.

Who's in?
    Everybody dies, but not everybody lives.

We will try to make it.

Keith.

ADAIR TRACKS, WITHOUT 'EM YOUR JUST SPINNING YOUR WHEELS
    REMEMBER KIDS, THE FIRST "A" in AATV STANDS FOR AMPHIBIOUS

the badlands is badass, been there many times, but never with my max IV. I have a honda pilot fl400r that is the king of the badlands. it will go anywhere i point it. will really try to make this date with both. not really a place for a 6x6 without a rollcage.

Quote Originally Posted by demo61x View Post
    the badlands is badass, been there many times, but never with my max IV. I have a honda pilot fl400r that is the king of the badlands. it will go anywhere i point it. will really try to make this date with both. not really a place for a 6x6 without a rollcage.
    So not really any mud or water I take it.

Keith.

It is an awesome place for 6x6s. There is plenty of mud and one time we were there, the entire bottom area was flooded and only amphibs could access it. I'll dig up some pics.

I believe demo61x was referring to the safety factor of a roll cage on a 6x6, and how dangerous the pea gravel dunes are for a vehicle with no suspension. The pea gravel is a small but fun area of the Badlands. We had a Bigfoot roll over in the pea gravel back in 2001. He went too fast down a hill and hit some bumps at the bottom, got out of control, and rolled over forward. He did have a cage but no seat belts, so his passenger (wife) got a little banged up.

Do you have any info on camping, costs, facilities(is there a shower?), etc.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxRules View Post
    Now your talkin. Looks like a must attend get together.

Keith.

plenty of mud and water and trails. am only saying the helicopter leaves this place quite often with injured pepole. gravel pits are everywhere and there is alot of climbing that can be done. If you never been there you have to check it out. just think first and be safe.

+ Reply to Thread