Which was faster: a 440 thunderchief or 500 superchief?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Which was faster: a 440 thunderchief or 500 superchief?

Thanks for posting all the Attex history, Bill. It's interesting to hear about the earlier models (and non-models). I had a couple of the first gen 400R machines and both of them came with the CCW, but I have a brochure from Attex, probably from the early 70s, that lists a "400R" with a borg/warner transmission and a JLO 400 5-port. Never made production that you know of? There's a few other machines in Attex literature that I've never seen; what about the Brave Buck and Warrior Wolf? I know most people probably never heard of the Frontiersman, but I think I remember seeing one of those once. Here's a scan of the brochure that Mike's got on the site- http://www.6x6world.com/images/attex...6-Lineup-2.jpg
    Stuck in the seventies- not in the swamp.

(6) Attex, a Hustler, a Super Swamp Fox, (2) Tricarts, (3) Tri-sports, a Sno-co trike, 3 Dunecycles, and a Starcraft! ...so far

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Gerber View Post
    There was a blue poly body made. a top and a bottom (just one). That would have been a cool looking machine..
    It was never assembled.. Yet !! Lol
    I KNEW IT!!!!

They all laughed at me at the Ledges event a few years ago when I mentioned having heard this rumor.

Do you have it? Can you post a picture?
    Last edited by George; 07-31-2012 at 07:42 PM.
    Banned

"There was a blue poly body made. a top and a bottom (just one).

What barn is it stored in......and what time of night do I need to show up to liberate it

Quote Originally Posted by thebuggyman1 View Post
    "There was a blue poly body made. a top and a bottom (just one).

What barn is it stored in......and what time of night do I need to show up to liberate it
    If that info gets disclosed, I am sure I have a head start to the location. Your going to have to do some crazy driving to beat me to it.
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

This body was in one of the upper Floors at attex when I first saw it
    Just collecting dust. And when we moved attex to East Palistine OH,
    I dont remember seeing it. The next time I saw the bottom, The bottom
    tube was cut out and covering my dads log spliter. I did find the top years
    later, and still have it. It was formed on the original ABS mold with the high
    seat contor and is kinda thin in that area. That mold was modified in that area
    By grinding that area down and of corse the molded stripes were added before poly
    Went into production. So the blue top has no molded strips and the high seat riser.
    It also still has that steel ring around the gas tank fill hole.
    It's not perfect but not scrap. I think it would look awesome with a yellow bottom.
    I will dig it out someday and post a pic. It is kind of a odd ball. And has some scratches On it.
    It's a dark royal blue.. The bottom. Well that's just a shame. I would even try to put it back togather ,
    But the top part of the bottom is gone.
    Sorry if this post is messed up, but I am in Wythville Virginia in a motel and trying to do it from my I phone
    And I can't realy even see the dam text after I type it. It's too Small and I don't see as well as I used to.

Don
    As to the models you mentioned. I don't remember seeing them either..
    And I think there's a type error on the 440. I think that was supposed
    Be 438 not 428 cc. And 400-2 was a four bolt head. The 5 port thing on a dash 2, well I don't understand. It was probably supposed to say 400-7. I don't remember ever seeing that spec sheet, before.
    Well enough from this phone!! I'll post later
    Last edited by Bill Gerber; 08-01-2012 at 12:13 AM.

+ Reply to Thread