Tallest tires I can run?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Tallest tires I can run?

Tallest tires I can run?

Looks like 24 inch actual diameter is all I can run on the machine, is that correct? Will they fit on stock rims?

the 24" argo tires run on an 8"rim

From searching for bigger tires in my atc days, 22" tires where the biggest 8" rimmed tires you could get. Argo does have the 24" ones now but think that is it. I dont know from experience but have heard that 22" is the biggest because of centrifugal force doing the dragster tire affect will cause tire rub. But slow speeds might be ok.

My Attex is on the back burner right now , but I want to run the tallest tire possible also.
    A 25" tire would just barely fit, but if you run fast they could grow & hit the body.
    I was wanting to get a set of really wide 12" beadlock rims & 6 x 25" Outlaws & run them with 0-.5 psi
    Last edited by SWAMP HAWG; 03-08-2008 at 07:36 PM.

Here is Don's Superchief (one of my most favorite machines in his fleet). It has 22" Goodyear Rawhide III tires. which have an actual diameter of 21 1/2" and it looks like they're pretty close to the body. The center to center point of the axles on the Attex is 24 1/2". I thought that some 25" Goodyear Rawhide III's would be an excellent tire to run since they have an actual diameter of 24" but unfortunately I don't think it could be done since they would rub on the body pretty bad.

Goodyear ATV - All Terrain Vehicle Tires: On The Wings Of Goodyear: Find the Right Tire

"Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Hi Tommy,

Before I started the disassembly for the springer, I could get about 43 mph out of my Attex on dry hard dirt(car paced me on the road),that was running hard. The tires will definately grow at that speed. If you have minimal tire clearance on the faster machines it will make contact at high speeds.
    If your machine only achevies say 30, then of course the tire grow would be considerabely less.
    Even a stiff sidewalled tire grows considerabely at speed.

Just my 2 cents.
    Bruce

How tall of a tire will fit on an Argo?
    Bruce

Just had an idea that might work. You could use a heat gun to soften the tub and create wheel wells that might give enough clearance for a larger tire if the center to center distance allowed it.

Quote Originally Posted by tomass View Post
    [/COLOR]
    The machine that started this thread,,, what type of machine is it???
    Attex 295

Quote Originally Posted by tomass View Post
    Will these standard machines actually travel fast enough to get that expansion...........
    ALSO , remember that different tire manufacturers sizing are slightly different from one to the next..

I think you need to pick a larger font size

+ Reply to Thread