Tallest tires I can run?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Tallest tires I can run?

I didn't think anyone is arguing against you. I agree, if you only run lower speeds it won't be as much of a problem.

The red light is because you choose to be invisible on the board. It has nothing to do with what you posted. If you hover over it, it will tell you what it is.

As for the speeds, there are stock machines that do go that fast. That's what everyone is trying to say.

As for the heat gun, if you look in the gallery, I know of two members that have used that to make tires fit. Tory G has done that to get 25" tires on his Max II

Also, there are several other members that are running the 24" frontier tires that have had to heat their tubs to get them to fit.

Quote Originally Posted by tomass View Post
    How fast does your machine run??
    Don't know, never checked it

Just something to keep in mind when heating your body. The Attex ST/295 is ABS plastic. The people that heat their bodies for extra clearance have poly body machines. I'm not 100% sure what the heat would do to the ABS plastic, but from what I have seen on old Attexes, around the muffler exit (where there would be more heat), the plastic tends to be more brittle. Also, I don't know how much the ABS plastic body would bend when you heat it up, I don't think it is as pliable as the poly bodies either. Just something to consider.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Good point. I've learned that ABS doesn't react that well to heating while trying to repair cracks. I think you could bend it if you were careful and just softened it up a little and had a curved mold to evenly push against the plastic.

I think so, probably around 30 ish.

Quote Originally Posted by JRP3 View Post
    I think so, probably around 30 ish.
    I think you're correct. Hydromike and I went riding with my Max II (18HP Briggs, 22" Rawhide III's) and his ST/295, which is your machine now, and they were neck to neck at full throttle. My Max II will top out at about 30mph, so I'd say 30mph sounds right.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Quote Originally Posted by jpswift1 View Post
    I think you're correct. Hydromike and I went riding with my Max II (18HP Briggs, 22" Rawhide III's) and his ST/295, which is your machine now, and they were neck to neck at full throttle. My Max II will top out at about 30mph, so I'd say 30mph sounds right.

If a Max II with a 18 hp will run that fast , then I,m sure it will out run the 25 hp Kolier thats in my Max IV , with the factory roll cage .

Quote Originally Posted by JRP3 View Post
    I think you need to pick a larger font size

Yeah , and a little brighter font colour might help as well too ?

Quote Originally Posted by SWAMP HAWG View Post
    My Attex is on the back burner right now , but I want to run the tallest tire possible also.
    A 25" tire would just barely fit, but if you run fast they could grow & hit the body.
    I was wanting to get a set of really wide 12" beadlock rims & 6 x 25" Outlaws & run them with 0-.5 psi

I don,t think a High Lifter , Outlaw tire , will fit either an Argo or even a Max IV , that will take taller tires , and surely not an Attex . The Out law tires are REALLY WIDE !! Dan has a Max IV , with 26" Vampires on it , and these tires rub the lower tub at 2 psi , when he turns . He has to run 5/16 spacers behind each wheel , to be able to run the low psi on Vampires . But , at 2 psi , the Vampires soft side walls give the best ride out of all the tires Dan has used on his Max IV he told me . This includes the factory Terra tires and the Swamp Fox Plus tires . Dan also told me he is going to heat the top of the lower tub , over the tires , to gain some more clearance , so he can run the Vampires at 2 psi . Dan said at 2 psi , the traction is awesome , when driving through the swamp reeds , over any tire he,s tried so far on his Max IV .
    Last edited by mudbug3; 03-09-2008 at 05:19 PM.

+ Reply to Thread