Sound off with your Max type, Serial #, and Year

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 42 of 43 FirstFirst ... 32 40 41 42 43 LastLast

Thread: Sound off with your Max type, Serial #, and Year

I am unsure of the build date
    MAX2
    Serial # 12695

New, to me MAX ll 6X6

Ok, So I picked up my very first 6X6, a 1983, so I was told by the PO, model #7128. I couldn't be happier. It still needs some tidying up, but my daughter and I did take it for its first ride about a week ago. I have several motorcycles and a couple 4 wheelers and a snowmobile. I've had 3 wheelers in the past, and drove a 6X6 demo at a dealers place when I was around 12. I'm 58 now.
    One thing I looked up on this site, when I first got the machine, was the oil change process. For what it's worth, and not knowing anything about anything, here's what I did. I cut the tip off my smallest funnel; one that would fit in the drain hole, with the taper sealing it off. I then pushed the wide end in to a piece of clear 1/2" ID plastic hose, and clamped it with a hose clamp. After warming it up I used one hand to unscrew the drain plug and the other to quickly shove the funnel in to the hole. All totaled I had a one paper towel drip cleanup.
    Looking forward to having lots of fun on the trails and snow, as it came with tracks.
    Attached Images

MAX IV serial number 18041 made in Buffalo NY
    Casimir

Well I have a Max II, looks like SN 12726 is a 1996 vehicle. I'm a decent bike mechanic, but know nothing about these. It has a B&S 14 HP engine in it. It sat for a summer so I need to bring it back to life.

Quote Originally Posted by Boulder Ed View Post
    Well I have a Max II, looks like SN 12726 is a 1996 vehicle. I'm a decent bike mechanic, but know nothing about these. It has a B&S 14 HP engine in it. It sat for a summer so I need to bring it back to life.
    I'm assuming "bike mechanic" means motorcycle mechanic so I'll go ahead and roll with it. In my opinion the only similarity is they both have motors lol. I've never wrenched on a motorcycle but I'll go out on a limb and say there's no way it's as hard as wrenching on a Max II 6x6. Don't get me wrong, I'm not referring to the level of technology involved. I'm referring to the pain in the @$$ it is to get to the motor and everything else that makes it tick. Unless you're a contortionist or a master yoga instructor you better get used to having a stiff back and a cramp in your side lol. I swear these machines were designed and built by Santa's elves or those little people from the Wizard Of Oz because not only is everything a pita to reach it's also very tight. There's something in the way no matter what it is you're trying to access. If you've got big hands like me you better prepare yourself for bloody knuckles and every socket you own laying somewhere in the bottom of the tub. And God forbid you drop anything that's not magnetic because you may never see it again. For the most part I'm just kidding but I won't lie to you it can be frustrating and it's not for everyone that's for sure. Hopefully your machine won't need a lot of work but if it does you're definitely in the right place for guidance. There's a lot of people on this site with a tremendous amount of knowledge. Good luck to ya...Cup

I picked up a Max II last month, serial number 9475. I didn't know the year which is why I searched for this thread. This is my first 6x6 so it has been a fun learning experience so far. I've completely dismantled it over the last month and am about to put it back together. It is so simple to work on, I love it. I pulled the 12.5 hp Vanguard someone had put in it and replaced it with a 25 hp Kawasaki V-twin. Should have a little more get up and go now.

Looks like a 1992 model year.

Is there a way to figure out the serial number without the plate? Mine doesn't have it on the top shell. Trying to figure out what wiring diagram to use?

8017 1988 Max IV 18hp Tecumseh LunaTikka (Darren)

My Max 4 is serial 81 hundred something. Forgot the last two digits, it is tarpped tonite. It needs some real maintenance. I knew when I purchased on Labor Day. Plan on sprockets , bearings ans shafting. No worries, have already owned several dirt bikes and an airplane. Also have my own machine shop. looking forward to the re build as this is my first 6x6. I like it already. Has a winch and roll bars and light bar. Any body know what engine is a direct replacement for my Kohler Magnum 20? Not planning on racing, just cruising the back woods and streets when they are impassable with snow. The reason is I may tear down the engine and if parts are not available it will be a change out. Thanks.

+ Reply to Thread