27 inch AMs Swamp Fox Plus tires on a Max Iv

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!

Thread: 27 inch AMs Swamp Fox Plus tires on a Max Iv

Threaded View

27 inch AMs Swamp Fox Plus tires on a Max Iv

It really does depend on what you are looking for in a tire. The 26" GoodYear Rawhide tires that came on my Max IV did not have a tread pattern that was aggressive enough for me. I live in the swamps around Savannah Georgia and I needed a tire that would get me through the soft bottomless gumbo mud and water that pervades the swamp in this area. After checking mud tires and reading reviews I finally settled on set of 27 inch 12X12 AMS Swamp Fox Plus tires. I chose these tires because the advertised height of 27 inches is very close to the actual height. To get the increased in ground clearance I needed to have the tires clear the fender wells and between the tires, so the size had to be exact! The tire height can be varied a little bit with these tires buy slight changes in the air pressure. I also installed a heavy duty red spring clutch to handle the larger tires. The standard green spring clutch is great for most conditions but is biased a little more toward speed, acceleration and general purpose riding, while the red spring clutch which is made to provide more torque and low end power in all off road situations. The red spring clutch will allow you to lug the machine through mud and water while the green spring clutch requires a little more speed and a little more throttle to get you through the same situation. The red spring clutch does make the ATV a little more tank like but that is what the off road conditions around here call for. Once installed the AMS Swamp Fox Plus tires made an incredible difference in this machines off road capability. Now I can go though mud and swampy mud with large logs without concern. Areas that would that would have had the Max bottoming out or stuck in soft mud now present no problems. The AMS tires Do not swim as well as the Goodyears but then I wasn't happy with the Goodyears water performance either! The extra bite from the ams tires gave me the confidence I needed to swim around the swamp and mud of this area between Cypress trees, logs and every other obsticle I have encountered. The AMS tires are also good on trail rides where I am able to stay right with my son on my 500 cc Suzuki Vincent.
    Last edited by mightymaxIV; 07-25-2007 at 05:15 PM.