Bed liner product on Attex Body

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Bed liner product on Attex Body

Go over it in small 4"x4" areas with a clean white rag, like a towel with acetone on the rag.....don't pour the acetone on the body. Then wet sand it lightly with some 500 grit sandpaper and you should be good.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Ok I will do that. I just finished using some 400 grit and it got most of the white fade out. I will also go over it again lightly with the Acetone too. I think I used to much Acetone on it first which caused it.

Thanks

Too much acetone will cause it to turn white. Wet sand it with 800 grit paper and it'll be really smooth. You can even go up to 1000 grit and then buff the body out with some rubbing and polishing compound and it'll REALLY shine nice. Keep up the good work! It takes time, but the results will be well worth it in the end.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Yes, I poured the Acetone on the body. Well, lesson learned and I will use 800 grit then buff. You aint lying about the work but your right about being worth it. I can see the original color coming back. Thanks again !!!!!

I'm happy to help. Let us know how it works and if you have a chance for some before and after pics, we'd love to see them.

Hey I just sanded the white fade out again then used the Acetone on it real light and it made it shine. I did not need to go over it with the 500 grit it was good enough for me. You were exactly right. It also kind looks like it has a glassy hard shell too. Very happy with it so far but I still have some paint to get off in other places. Yes, I should have got some pics before I started but you can still see what it did look. I will get them uploaded soon.
    Last edited by kat266; 08-23-2012 at 01:16 AM.

Thanks again !!!

Update on the paint removal and it turned out really good. I used the yellow legos to repair one crack but i did not like the color difference. Is there a trick to making the colors blend? I would like to purchase some Yellow Attex plastic if someone had some scrap laying around. I have some pictures of the progress but
    I forgot how to upload the pictures. I found the instructions to the gallery page using Photo bucket. I uploaded before without using Photo bucket and just cant remember.

I have used Duplicolor's rattle cans of "truck bed coating" with great results.

Quote Originally Posted by kat266 View Post
    Update on the paint removal and it turned out really good. I used the yellow legos to repair one crack but i did not like the color difference. Is there a trick to making the colors blend? I would like to purchase some Yellow Attex plastic if someone had some scrap laying around. I have some pictures of the progress but
    I forgot how to upload the pictures. I found the instructions to the gallery page using Photo bucket. I uploaded before without using Photo bucket and just cant remember.
    There's a ton of scrap ABS Attex yellow pieces floating around on the site. I'm really glad to hear about the positive results of the body work. The extra work is well worth the results of bringing back that original yellow shine! Talk to 6X6World member Amphibiousdrew about the body repairs on his Attex Colt racer that he did. They turned out great and that machine was in really rough shape when he got it.

+ Reply to Thread