Going to get the big block hustler tomorrow

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Going to get the big block hustler tomorrow

OHHH YEAH!!!!!! I saw this vid about a month ago,,,, it really is a monster.

RPM'S:
    The more rpms you have at the start of the initial pull(dead stop to rolling) the faster it will get out of the hole. When i dragrace my motorcycle I aim to get the rpms high into the power band before I feather the clutch at launch. I have pulled some 1.55-1.65 60ft times, and thats really moving for a 1996 Honda CBR900RR. Some newer 1000 cc bikes have about the same time.

Lessening the rpms will make R.B.B.H. (Rb2H) a little more calm, and easy on you neck and back(whip lash, from take off)
    HUSTLEMANIAC and a HONORARY MEMBER of the
    BIGFOOT ALUMNI

Not sure how this happened.After getting it home i took it for a test run,After a couple test runs i heard a bumping noise so i found the t20 bolts loose.After tightening the bolt I rode it for a few more times over a couple days then heard a loud pop when i made a hard turn.I found that the bolts where loose again and one was wallowed out.I made braces from the top of the trans to the frame to help support it.Thought everything was ok until my stepson stopped by and i fired it up to let him hear it and noticed the clutch on the t20 was moving in and out.I'm thinking it broke the clip or the axle,I will be pulling it out tomorrow to see what happened and repair the wallowed out bolt and adjust the clutch.I was planning on getting some video this weekend but glad i found this before hand.Could have been alot worse.

Wow,,, sorry to hear about that Roy. All of that power has to go somewhere. Cbass and I had to have a buddy of ours (with our help of course), to put the T20 cases under a drill press and cleaned out, and made a perfet hole, then we inserted helical inserts (i think thats what you call them) into the cases, to accept the mounting bolts that secures the T20 to the frame. Making braces for the t20 is good, but making a craddle 1.25x1.25 angle, for it would be better.

as for the clutch on the t20,, mine wiggles a little bit, about 1/8 to a 1/4inch of play. Unless there is something that I dont know,, that much play or less will be fine, but if its more, I guess you will find out in the morning. Maybe the bolt that holds the clutch on the t20 is loose, or the power from the beast sheared the key,,,,,,, it can happen you know.

Either way,,, I hope its not major!! good luck diagnosing it!!!
    BIGFOOT ALUMNI

Fred that is some good times you are running on your bike.I think if i was to dump 3500 rpms on the hustler out of the hole it would tear up hell.lol.It starts engaging into high gear at 3500 rpms so i will adjust it to see how i like the lower engagement.Let you know how that turns out.

Quote Originally Posted by fmints View Post
    Wow,,, sorry to hear about that Roy. All of that power has to go somewhere. Cbass and I had to have a buddy of ours (with our help of course), to put the T20 cases under a drill press and cleaned out, and made a perfet hole, then we inserted helical inserts (i think thats what you call them) into the cases, to accept the mounting bolts that secures the T20 to the frame. Making braces for the t20 is good, but making a craddle 1.25x1.25 angle, for it would be better.

as for the clutch on the t20,, mine wiggles a little bit, about 1/8 to a 1/4inch of play. Unless there is something that I dont know,, that much play or less will be fine, but if its more, I guess you will find out in the morning. Maybe the bolt that holds the clutch on the t20 is loose, or the power from the beast sheared the key,,,,,,, it can happen you know.Thanks fred,It is definately something in the trans and the bolt broke off in the trans so that should be an easy fix.I will be making a mounting bracket to help hold the trans in place.Maybe i can get some video soon.

Either way,,, I hope its not major!! good luck diagnosing it!!!
    Thanks fred,It has to be the clip or the shaft has broken because the shaft has slid out about 2".The wallowed out bolt broke off in the trans so that should be an easy fix.I was planning on making some type of mounting system to help hold the trans in.

Hope you get it running soon Roy thats one nice 6x6. My new bearings should come Monday i hope.

Quote Originally Posted by CROSSBOW View Post
    Hope you get it running soon Roy thats one nice 6x6. My new bearings should come Monday i hope.
    I should have it running in a couple days.I have another trans if i need to borrow parts.I need to get a ride up with you georgia guy's soon.Looks like i'm the only active member in Alabama.

Sounds good .

Ok i pulled the trans out today and it was the clip that holds the shaft in came off.I had to take the trans completely apart to get to the clip.I lucked up on the broken bolt by using a left hand drill bit.I added 2 braces from the top of the trans to the frame to help hold it in.I took it for a test run and everything looks good know.I'm taking it to great American park in Auburn Alabama this weekend if anyone would like to go I would love to have someone to ride with.

Please tell me you that your going to get some video Roy, or at least a bunch of pics. You gotta show that monster off!!!!
    BIGFOOT ALUMNI

+ Reply to Thread