I had no clue how to drive a T 20 Attex

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: I had no clue how to drive a T 20 Attex

I had no clue how to drive a T 20 Attex

Learning curve and damn near to old to learn,after many many years of driving Argo I bought a Superchief and had at it,two hands full of thumbs best describes my driving skills,first took off thru a wooded area at full cry big mistake after a bouncing lurching try to get it under control stop I got out to collect my thoughts and said to myself dont let Gus down by totaling this thing in the first fifteen minutes,find a wide open area and practice the T 20 takes alot more gettin use to than the beverage in one hand Argo,its taken awhile but Iam getting better but its hard to get use to have both sticks pointed forward when you are grabbing a hand full of throttle,this thing is a blast and if I dont kill myself before I master it I will be doing good,and the first thing on my mind as I was hauling this machine from PA was putting wayyy more power in it yea right I got to learn to drive it first .LMAO NCT

I'm still laughing,,,, it takes awhile to get use to the t20. When that 2 stroke opended up,I would have liked to see the expression on your face.lol.

Yea no kidding Iam not a stranger to two stroke power I keep a 1000 cc Thundercat with nitrous in the camp but it never scared me like this Attex,my old two stroke Argo was a lamb to handle this is like breaking a Bronc,I will get it but at my age I really didnt want to learn new tricks better get off my lazy butt and learn before Iam rubber side up.Cheers NCT

lol, glad you didnt smack a tree like I did. I remember trying to learn. The biggest thing to get use to is if you pull the sticks back some like a neutral coast and then push them forward but one stick engages faster then the other, the engine will acting like a brake on one side making it turn. I remember a few high speed straight aways when I thought I was doing good and then it verging of the beaten path and I was so confused because it kept turning when I didnt hit the brakes, lol. But I just learned to hold them forward unless Im stopping or turning. If mine had the springs that hold the sticks forward I might not of had that problem.

Don't worry NCT. There probably isn't a single T-20 driver that hasn't done what you did at least once at some time.

Bridget

Dont forget to gently pull back on bolth sticks when changing gears (that is all i know of the T-20)

Hey don't wreck my machine, tree's jump out quick at 45mph!!

also when going down a fairly long incline if you go to turn at all when you neutral one side it will tend to turn opposite of what you expected unless you pull back a little further to where the break engages this is because the tires will spin faster in neutral then when their engaged to the motor going down hills so watch for the phenomenon i call opposite steer especially at high speeds
    1996 MAX IV ,KUBOTA DIESEL
    MAX II 30HP Bandolero

Quote Originally Posted by gus marrone View Post
    Hey don't wreck my machine, tree's jump out quick at 45mph!!
    I assure you Gus not a mark in the Ole SC,my gotchees another story(Shout it out) LOL NCT

Quote Originally Posted by spookum View Post
    Dont forget to gently pull back on bolth sticks when changing gears (that is all i know of the T-20)
    Gotcha Spookum problem I have found while ripping around on a Superchief there seems to be three sticks.ROALMAO NCT

+ Reply to Thread