1969 attex

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 1969 attex

1969 attex

Just got a 1969 attex 297 machine has original motor but missing the tranny .There seams two be two types of transmisions on these buggys.I saw a picture of one that looked to me like somekind of direct drive no reverse the other is a big alumium housing with a lever coming out of it reverse?.I am trying to install a 16 hp vanguard motor and dont need reverse.So direct drive may be the way to get out cheaper.Not sure new to these machines and dont know much about them.hard to find parts

There's a Baker Hill 6000 series transmission without reverse. The 5000 and 7000 series had reverse. The 16HP Vanguard will move the light little Attex along VERY well. Parts aren't too hard to source for these and there are quite a few people that know these transmissions very well, calling Larry W. Here are some articles he wrote:

http://www.6x6world.com/forums/conte...nsmission.html

http://www.6x6world.com/forums/conte...nsmission.html

Whatever you do, NEVER DEAL WITH RICHARD CLARK/ROUTE6X6. He'll sell you inferior quality parts that will break and wear prematurely, his prices are rediculously high, and his customer service is absolutely horrible. Try posting a wanted ad here on 6x6World. There will be folks on here that'll have the parts you need.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

+ Reply to Thread