Project "Copperhead Springer"

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Project "Copperhead Springer"

But if you do the geo motor with polairs clutches you can have a 4:1 and a .76:1 drive. And when 40 HP at 5000 RPM gets boaring, just buy a complete head (300)with stainless everything, jump the timing and have 100 HP???

Sorry that i have missed a few of these threads, been a little under the weather. Looking great Marc and can't wait to see it start taking shape and move into it's own as # 9(Copper Head). Happy Birthday (Yesterday) A Springer make for a Great Birthday gift!!!!!!!!

Has it arrived yet?

Looks like it will be another feat of engineering on your part, wish I had your ambition. That long travel should make for a smooth ride for you.
    Have a picture of the blackbird before it was started you may want to look at before you sell it, may be your original?

Been a while since i posted on the Copperhead progress. one major hold up was i wanted to upgrade the front band brakes to something that actually worked. Whipper supplied discs but when I considered the factory calipers they would have been a challenge to fit and quite expensive for their mediocre performance. I finally settled on dual piston hydraulic kart brakes due to their compact size and mounting arrangement. They also fit under the stock floor and clear the chains easily. The master cylinder is also a kart unit and is actuated by the stock brake. The suspension is is now installed and aligned. The engine is a Performance V Twins Eagle 4 which will probably go in this weekend.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by jerseybigfoot; 12-27-2012 at 09:48 PM.
    Acta non verba

Very nice.

Expensive?
    Banned

Last edited by Model Citizen; 07-13-2016 at 06:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by George View Post
    Very nice.

Expensive?
    Yes, the factory calipers are more expensive than the hydraulic Kart units

Quote Originally Posted by Model Citizen View Post
    It's another Christmas Miracle.

Bridget
    Ha, Ha, if not for a tuna can
    Acta non verba

Looking great!
    Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways , cigar in one hand, whiskey in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a ride!!!"

Wow, that suspension looks sweet, and the brake set up looks trick as well. Keep the pictures coming!!!
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

A few more photos of the exhaust fabrication.
    Acta non verba

+ Reply to Thread