69 attex And a 72

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 69 attex And a 72

69 attex And a 72

Hey Guys I got Lucky last week and found two attex's.one a block from me.The other a town away.The 69 body is in great shape and is all there. That one was free.The other which I hope will make a good parts rig is a 1972.That one coast me 150 bucks and its pretty rough.So I think I got a good deal on these machine if the parts are interchangeable?.I am new to these 6x6's and this is my first go around with them.But I have allready had help from this site and that has been great.Thanks to all I will post my progress.Bill m West Newfield Maine
    Attached Images

It looks like both machines are first generation, so some parts will interchange. A 1972 wouldn't have many parts you could use on a first gen machine- they changed in late '71 (I think) over to the Borg/Warner transmission and most of the other pieces changed as well. The 297 looks like it's in pretty good shape, looks like a fun project. Good luck!
    Stuck in the seventies- not in the swamp.

(6) Attex, a Hustler, a Super Swamp Fox, (2) Tricarts, (3) Tri-sports, a Sno-co trike, 3 Dunecycles, and a Starcraft! ...so far

Nice find! Those should make some great projects and for that price, you can afford to dump some money into rebuilding them and still have a nice machine for very little money. Keep us posted on your progress.

Nice find! Good luck on the projects and please post plenty of pictures here...we all love pictures!
    -Attex ST/300/D - "The Duck." Family owned since the early '70's
    -Attex ST/300/D- Resto/mod project! (not yet started)
    -Attex 440 Thunderchief Racer (not yet started)
    -Attex ST/400 (not yet started)
    -Hustler 980 BIGFOOT- A work in progress (SOLD)
    -1999 Max Buffalo Truck (SOLD)
    -1989 Max IV - A Max four my kids. (In progress)

Thanks for the input Don.the trannys are the same on both machines Bakerhills.one has 3/4 axels the 72 has 1 inch.the tubs seem to have been made from the same mold and I think I can make the 72 frame fit in the 69 body.Thats my plan anyways.I am also putting a 16 hp vanguard motor in.when the 69 is done I will start making the 72 body into a matching trailer.I have been building cars and bikes for over twenty years.So this project is very simple for me and should be lots of fun has been so far.thanks for your help.Bill w.newfield maine

Hello Mainer - I am Jealous i paid 250 for just one 1970 attex - I've been through the Max II I have and it's awesome - but had to get me another project so I got an Attex ( yellow one just like your new toy Good luck and let us know if you need any thing - the guys on here are awesome help and without them - I would not have made much progress - good luck - what do you have for engines in them? or are the engines missing

+ Reply to Thread