1995 MAX IV Rebuild Thread (Gary's)

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: 1995 MAX IV Rebuild Thread (Gary's)

Quote Originally Posted by 2gnospam View Post
    What would be the steel thickness on the DIY bead lock plates? Now see you used 3/16". Anyone already have a CAD file?
    Shoot me a PM with your email address and I will send you the IGES files. I nest rings to build 8 inch beadlocks inside of them so there is not so much wasted material.

Keith.

ADAIR TRACKS, WITHOUT 'EM YOUR JUST SPINNING YOUR WHEELS
    REMEMBER KIDS, THE FIRST "A" in AATV STANDS FOR AMPHIBIOUS

Whipper has finished the axles (look great) and will be shipping shortly. Roll cage is coming along nicely.

My two idler sprockets on the main drives have sloppy bearings and need replacing. What is the best option for new idler sprockets. Just buy new ones from RI?

Thanks
    Gary

My two idler sprockets on the main drives have sloppy bearings and need replacing. What is the best option for new idler sprockets. Just buy new ones from RI?

Thanks
    Gary
    I just ordered a pair from RI at $30 each, and they're heavy steel with replaceable bearings not stamped like the originals. They can be had at some other places a bit cheaper but I just ordered them from RI to be done with it.
    Thomas

94 MAX IV, 16 Vanguard, Aqua Torques, 1 1/4" wheel spacers

Will order a complete set to be done with it. Thanks.
    Thanks,
    Gary

For the wheel drive chains running front to back I was considering getting rid of the stock adjustment system (to make a flatter floor) and going with a different system. Does anyone have any experience using a chain adjuster like the
    "Floating-Style Self-Adjusting Roller Chain Tensioners"

shown here: McMaster-Carr
    Thanks,
    Gary

Never mind Found the old thread talking about them.

For the wheel drive chains running front to back I was considering getting rid of the stock adjustment system (to make a flatter floor) and going with a different system. Does anyone have any experience using a chain adjuster like the
    "Floating-Style Self-Adjusting Roller Chain Tensioners"

shown here: McMaster-Carr
    Thanks,
    Gary

Was just starting to work on installing the new axles (from Whipper) and noticed that RI sent me inner bearings for 1 1/4" splined axles that have a two bolt bearing block. It appears from the current photos on the RI site that some splined axle max IV's use the old style, two piece, 4 bolt bearing holders. So thus I am assuming that the MAX IV came with four bolt inner bearing holders on the smooth axles (early), on some splined versions and went (or is going to) a two bolt block. My concern is that the inner frame will not contact the bearing block as well and could result, during use, in bending of the inner frame rails around the bearings. Does any forum members have experience with these two bolt inner bearings?

Thanks, Gary
    Thanks,
    Gary

Gary,

To the best of my knowledge, Recreatives always, and still does use the 4 bolt 2 piece flangettes for the inner bearings on the Max IV. They use the pillow block two bolt style on the Max II......this started in the late 90's I believe, maybe 1998 I'm guessing.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Good catch. I now see that on the website for the MAX II. Thanks. Have left them a message.
    Thanks,
    Gary

+ Reply to Thread