B & S Stator

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: B & S Stator

B & S Stator

I have a question about the stator in a 10hp,vert shaft,I/C engine (second hand) that I installed on my lawn tractor which is used only for pushing snow. The engine has one lead,it's a black wire with white conn. According to info I found online this is supposed to be an "AC only" system,the specifics are
    - 14 Volts for lighting circuit.
    - One black lead from stator.
    - White connector output lead.
    This desc. fits what I'm looking at to the T.
    All I want to power is a set of lights on the front of the unit. My questions are,can I just put this to the lights and ground the other side(of the lights)? Also,aproximatly how much capacity in amps is avail to be able to size the load correctly?
    Thanks so much for any input.

Joe.

if your using a lawn mower engine, they usually dont have a lighting coil, its just the mag, so what happens when using the mag to power up lights even if hooked up properly the engine will be robbed of power due to week spark and if the lights are on when trying to start engine it will probably not start. best thing to do is either have no lights or add battery and regulator

Got the info I was looking for at heymow.com,those guy's know their lawn tractors like we know our machines.I'll post it here in case anyone else is ever in the same situation.

The AC Alt provides current for the headlights only. Current for the lights is available as long as the engine is running. The output depends upon engine speed. 12 V lights with a total rating of 60 to 100 watts may be used. With lights rated at 70 watts, the voltage raises from 8 V at 2400 RPM to 12 V at 3600 RPM, so the brightness of the light changes with the engine speed. That is right out of the Briggs Manual You can hook your wiring up from the alt to your switch to your lights and it will work like described above.
    As long as what you have is an AC only one black lead with a white connector. That stator should only be half round not a full round one.

Joe.

+ Reply to Thread