Registering in California? OHV? Boat? or?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Registering in California? OHV? Boat? or?

Registering in California? OHV? Boat? or?

Just doing a little bit of research prior to diving in - I've got a dual sport bike here in Cali, which lets me ride any and all public roads, trails etc. If I didn't have it street legal, it would have to be a red or green OHV sticker - which only lets me ride in the designated OHV areas, and nowhere else.

Now, I'd like to be able to take the ATV all over, other than pavement of course. Has anyone gotten a dual OHV/Boat registration? For those of you that have only gotten a green sticker, have you been hassled by the law anytime?

All things I've got to think about...sigh.

When I was out there, I didn't have a title, had to get a letter from RI about the max origin/sn and had a 2 stroke (pre 2003) so, got the green sticker after going to one of the dmv stations to get the machine checked out. I only got a few rides in while trying to "tune" the machine.

California sure doesn't make it easy. Nothing new there.

I'll probably just use the SN on the T20, either that or make a new ID tag, or stamp a new number on the frame.

I just got done registering my amphicat and scrambler here in michigan.I actually took pictures from this site to the dmv with me.Well It took all day but they registered them as boats and created their own vin #.I got sent home 3 times while they searched to see if they were stolen-then to create an I.D. took another hour.The good news is it was only $20 a piece.Try to get a young person to wait on you,every time I had someone my age look at the pics they flat out told me they would not register the vehicles without an inspection!-

How did you work out on registration? I am in Cal. and will be needing to do the same.

Haven't even touched it yet. Hustler still hasn't gotten the frame up rebuild as I am planning, due to finances and we're planning an Arkansas move. I might just wait till we're out of this state. One thing i can say from experience though - start and complete the registration in a rural or ag DMV. Avoid the urban and city DMV's like the plague.

Thanks

sorry, wish i had a solid solution for you.

I'm going to need to know all about this soon, so I'm watching this topic with great interest.

I did see an AATV for sale on CL a few months ago that had regular street legal plates on it. I don't know if it was just luck or what.

sreet legal plates in cali? wow. you didn't manage to save any of the info, did you?

+ Reply to Thread