Other than the 8x8 tank trainer...any other AATV use in military?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Other than the 8x8 tank trainer...any other AATV use in military?

I remember seeing a military version of the Max aatv on craigslist not all to long ago. I may be off but I think the add said it was setup to be a "unmanned" vehicle like the planes. I dont know what you would need a unmanned max for that seems to take all the fun out of it. I wish I could find it I swear I think I saw it posted up on the forum here under the ebay/craigslist finds.

I to would also be super interested in finding out some more info on the military Hustlers.

I have a old old atv book that had a article on the tristar atv also. That was a really neat concept. If I ever find one in someones backyard Ill fix it up and bring it to busco beach.
    HUSTLER 980 NOS BUILD
    HUSTLER 980 TRAIL MACHINE
    HUSTLER 950 PARTS MACHINE [

IMG]http://i708.photobucket.com/albums/ww81/highrollinmopars/2012-06-04_07-13-01_284.jpg[/IMG]

http://www.6x6world.com/forums/ebay-...-near-you.html Hey I ended up finding the link for the Military Max. The add has expired though. Jp I bet you remember this. It was way cool.
    HUSTLER 980 NOS BUILD
    HUSTLER 980 TRAIL MACHINE
    HUSTLER 950 PARTS MACHINE [

IMG]http://i708.photobucket.com/albums/ww81/highrollinmopars/2012-06-04_07-13-01_284.jpg[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by highrollinmopars View Post
    http://www.6x6world.com/forums/ebay-...-near-you.html Hey I ended up finding the link for the Military Max. The add has expired though. Jp I bet you remember this. It was way cool.
    Are you talking about the max4 with the steel top with fender flares?I think it was out in Texas.

Quote Originally Posted by coosaridgerider View Post
    Are you talking about the max4 with the steel top with fender flares?I think it was out in Texas.
    The machine that was in the ad was a Max II lower with a weird metal upper and was a robotically controlled unmanned vehicle. It was located in Virginia, hence why I had pointed it out to Don.
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

Quote Originally Posted by highrollinmopars View Post
    Oh yes, I remember that one.

Quote Originally Posted by coosaridgerider View Post
    That Max4 with the steel top on ebay in Texas was one of the Military Max 4's I believe. It looks just like the picture in the office at Recreatives that I mentioned previously. I went back to search for that ad, but I couldn't find it. Does anyone have a link for it?
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

I'll try to dig up more info, but someone popped up on another board and owns one of these:

An "Economite"

Here is an LTV KID
    this is NOT my machine..
    Sorry,
    picture didn't embed properly
    Last edited by rednine11; 10-09-2012 at 03:18 PM. Reason: picture didn't embed properly

Might not have embedded properly, but it still came across for me.

That is one nice machine. Now, to my understanding, the Kid LTV's weren't actually a military vehicle contract - but were intended to be used in civilian assistance programs. Primarily agriculture.

Or were they actually also intended for use as logistics vehicles, or combat support? Even as prototypes?

One of my favourite units is the Supacat, these have been around for years and are still made today. You can find older models cheap threw a few army surplus sites. Once in a while you may see one come up for sale in the US.
    ATMP - Supacat

I also like the Gecko, these are made on the Argo / Centaur chassie with a Military upfit from Gecko.
    LMT - Gecko 8X8 ATV Rapid Deployment Logistical Vehicle

+ Reply to Thread