max 2 question about axle bearing flanges

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: max 2 question about axle bearing flanges

max 2 question about axle bearing flanges

I have ordered my new bearings and I have removed all the axles and bearings from the max 2 frame that I am putting in my scrambler body.My question is why does my max have no grease fittings on the outer axle bearing flanges?Did the older models come without them?-When I install the new bearings should I drill+Tap and add zerk fittings to the old flanges?-

All of the ones I have seen do have grease fittings on the flanges of both the outer and inner bearings (if the machine has inner bearings) but I just read a couple of other posts from other members whose Max didn't have them as well so perhaps it is common on early Max's. Either way, if I were you I would just purchase new ones with the grease zerks. They are a somewhat common item from most bearing distributors or tractor supply houses. You really should get new flanges anyway to properly seat the bearing and they aren't very expensive.

The Max Axle and Bearing replacement video will show what they look like: Max 6x6 ATV Bearing Replacement
    Last edited by Mike; 09-26-2012 at 06:31 PM. Reason: changed my initial post after remembering others with no grease zerks

Ok sounds good-Thanks for the help.

When I bought my bearings the supplier was able to also supply new flanges(very inexpensive) and each set of course has a flange with grease zerk and one without. The three bolt flange was perfect but on my bearing cages the outer bearing flange bolted to the cage with four bolts. These were not available off the shelf and I had to drill the three bolt flanges to make a four. It appears that was how RI did it too.

+ Reply to Thread