conquest starving for fuel.

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: conquest starving for fuel.

conquest starving for fuel.

went for a rip today in the conquest,trying to get as much time on it as i can before hunting.get halfway home and the sucker starves for fuel.pull the choke on and manage to get it into the garage.i noticed that the fuel filter stays pretty much empty with pump running so i put an old pump on it with the same results.pulled the fuel line off of pump and i seem to have good preasure so the filter seems clean.so im guessing that i have a float issue which is strange because i completely rebuilt the carb when i did the whole machine,everything is new.just wondering if anyone has had a similar issue before i pull this sucker all apart again.

cheers.

you might be sucking some air in some where hose clamp, float bowl gasket?

I would bet that you have some granular trash in the carb. Pull it back off and clean all of the ports.

i be thinking your correct mike.some crud must have got through the filter,or there was some crap in the new fuel line.will pull it off tomorrow and give it another good cleaning.going to add a second filter at the carb as well.

cheers.

HOLD THE PHONE make sure your fuel line is GOOD TO GO FIRST take a pop bottle (clear is best) rinse it out with gasoline, put a NEW piece of fuel line from the pump to the pop bottle. Duck tape the bottle some where safe, and take it for a run at WOT! if it runs *just fine* your carb and fuel pump is good to go. Old rubber hoses do crack over time and a pin hole leak could cause the issues your talking about! I think you just had it all apart right? It is good maitnece to clean your carb, but this should be MUCH easier to do. It will help in the trouble shooting process. I only say that beause if it is crud int the carb i think it would not run well even if you used the choke!

got all new fuel lines on it but you gave me an idea.wonder if by chance theres some crap in the p/u tube in the tank?anyhow ive got the carb off now so will give it a good scuffin.

cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by spookum View Post
    HOLD THE PHONE make sure your fuel line is GOOD TO GO FIRST take a pop bottle (clear is best) rinse it out with gasoline, put a NEW piece of fuel line from the pump to the pop bottle. Duck tape the bottle some where safe, and take it for a run at WOT! if it runs *just fine* your carb and fuel pump is good to go. Old rubber hoses do crack over time and a pin hole leak could cause the issues your talking about! I think you just had it all apart right? It is good maitnece to clean your carb, but this should be MUCH easier to do. It will help in the trouble shooting process. I only say that beause if it is crud int the carb i think it would not run well even if you used the choke!

man o man,found some chunks floating around in the float bowl.looks like they may have been plugging the main jet.damned if i know where they came from since i cleaned the heck out of everything and replaced almost everything.put the carb back on,gonna throw an extra fuel filter on it after work tomorrow.then i might pull the tank out again and clean it for a second time.

I ran into the same thing with my Vanguard, even though the tank had been thoroughly cleaned and all the lines were new I still had to clean the carb out a few times before she finally came around. You would think the in line filter would catch the debris but it came from somewhere.
    Thomas

94 MAX IV, 16 Vanguard, Aqua Torques, 1 1/4" wheel spacers

Same here, multiple carb isssues until a friend offered to clean it in his ultrasonic cleaner. I was surprised at what came out in the tray. The crud can really hide in there.
    WANTED: MAX IV

if i have the issue again,im putting a new carb on it.the carb was super nasty when i bought the machine earlier in the year.ive cleaned it as thoroughly as i could twice now.once more and its a 200 dollar fix.

thanks

+ Reply to Thread