don't worry, be happy!!!!!!!!!!

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: don't worry, be happy!!!!!!!!!!

[QUOTE=rapidroy;128627]
    Quote Originally Posted by spookum View Post
    What he said!!! Fish and game did desighn a hunt for our tracked atvs up here, for under 1500 lbs. It is an over the counter registration hunt, available in fair banks if you havent killed a moose yet. Four wheelers, air boats and planes arnt alowed either. It is RM 785... do i see a trail ride AK style????? LOL PS starts oct 15 and they let the snow machines in nov. 1

That sounds awesome, long way to go but it sounds like a kick. I will have to check out the regs Never heard of this type of opener, are tracks a must?
    There are only two ways i am aware of to do this hunt: 1. Boat (good luck, it is rather shallow bring your wadres and surface drives) 2. Tracked rig under 1500 lbs (yes a 4 wheeler would work, have fun sinking that in the swamp) This is a NEW HUNT. I almost missed it! When the moose quota is filled, fish and game will close it down. Sadly, yes, tracks are REQUIRED and you have to be under 1500 lbs. So, no weasels or nodwell tracked rigs or the larger fourwheler RZR crowd. oh and if you really want to take a closer look at it, PM me and ill give you ideas of trail heads near fair banks

West Central Louisiana near Toledo Bend Reservoir
    Always good to see the result of a successful hunt. Even better to taste it HINT HINT, Address available upon request... How does the flavor of a "Boo" compare to that of Moose anyhow?
    You guys have it GOOD up there, when hunting season closes you can mine gold, or fish or ride AATVs, or...
    I think Teal season is the only thing open in my area right now, squirrel season opens Saturday, and primitive firearm deer opens Oct 13, hoping these boys can connect early this year. Thanks for sharing your hunt, wishing you far northerners many more successful days in the field!
    DESTRUCTION is just a couple of vowels down the street from DISTRACTION

I would love to get in on this hunt, However Fairbanks is the only place to get a registered mon-fri. Working in Anchorage kinda throws that out
    2003 Argo Conquest
    Wasilla, Alaska

That sucks... their only open from 9 to 5. If there is any way i can help, let me know. If you do get your tag, it is valid untill feb 28 or when they close the season

Have you hunted the Minto Management Area before? Have you considered RM 764?

Spookum: Sorry for the question. My experience into the MMA was from the northside. Access from the Fairbanks side makes more sense.
    Last edited by RUON; 10-02-2012 at 08:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RUON View Post
    Have you hunted the Minto Management Area before? Have you considered RM 764?

Spookum: Sorry for the question. My experience into the MMA was from the northside. Access from the Fairbanks side makes more sense.
    The best acess from this side is murphy dome road. Look it up on google maps.

Yah, i have considered RM 764. You may want to look on google maps, the delta is a killer! I have been in contact with a gentleman who lives in delta, and there are spots to cross in a four wheeler. (PM me for more info). Since i dont own a four wheeler, i dont think i can make it down there. I know the cows will be up in the high country though.

I have never hunted the MMA how did you do? Where did you go in at? What time of year? Post up a bigger pic of the dead moose in the argo buddy! that looks cool!

[QUOTE=rapidroy;128627]
    Quote Originally Posted by spookum View Post
    What he said!!! Fish and game did desighn a hunt for our tracked atvs up here, for under 1500 lbs. It is an over the counter registration hunt, available in fair banks if you havent killed a moose yet. Four wheelers, air boats and planes arnt alowed either. It is RM 785... do i see a trail ride AK style????? LOL PS starts oct 15 and they let the snow machines in nov. 1

That sounds awesome, long way to go but it sounds like a kick. I will have to check out the regs Never heard of this type of opener, are tracks a must?
    This is news to me too - need to look into it......it would be awesome.

[QUOTE=inspcalahan;128899]
    Quote Originally Posted by rapidroy View Post

Man, what a bummer to have to buy some adair tracks to do this hunt right? right???? Um, okay.. maybe not...

[QUOTE=inspcalahan;128899]
    Quote Originally Posted by rapidroy View Post

One sucky thing is you have to be in fairbanks to get a tag. If your really going to hunt, shoot me a PM.... there could be enough intrest i wonder if mike would let us post a trail ride.... with a few dead moose.... lol

love caribou meat mmmmmmMMMMMMmmm, lucky you !

+ Reply to Thread