Windshield clips rattling on Avenger...

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Windshield clips rattling on Avenger...

Windshield clips rattling on Avenger...

I just installed the factory windshield kit on our Avenger. Everything is right according to the instructions but the front support bars at the windshield receiver, specifically at the removable pin, have a really annoying rattle when going over bumps. Is this normal? Or, is there something I missed? Everything else on the machine is nice and tight and quiet. Has anyone else run into this and if so, just lived with it or is there a solution?

maybe wrap the pin in electrical tape to increase the diameter of the pin and change the contact surface.

I have an argo big foot and the same rattle as you. I have broken the fastener off the windshield several times and made adjustments and still have the noise.
    Good luck

for Bungee Cords

RD

Thanks guys. All the input was helpful--nice to know others have the rattle too. The source is an undersized support rod hole where it meets the windshield. The securing pin floats around in the larger opening causing movement and the resultant rattle. Argo looks like they provide a little foam backing piece to take-up some of the play but its too soft. Going to try a stiff rubber strip glued into the receiver.

+ Reply to Thread