Mikuni Carb

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mikuni Carb

Mikuni Carb

I just installed a new carb flange and now my engine is reved waaay up. Which screw is the idle adjustment? 1bbl mikuni on a ta440 kawi motor.

I believe that George sent over the service manual for Mikuni carbs. It might be here somewhere on 6x6World. If you don't find it let me know and I can email it to you.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Chris,

The idle is the screw that is adjustable with your thumb. It has the larger (much larger) head on it, and is nurled (gnurled?) (OK... KNURLED )to be able to be adjusted without a screwdriver. Make sure that the slide is bottoming out inside the carburetor as well. Sometimes after a removal and reinstall, the slide may stick, or the cable adjustment on the top of the carburetor may be out of whack. If you didn't turn any screws during disassembly, you shouldn't have much of an issue following reassembly. This may help until you get the manual....
    Good Luck..
    ~m
    Last edited by hydromike; 03-06-2008 at 08:56 AM. Reason: Caught flack for misspelling "gnurled"... :oP

If you pulled the throttle piston out when you removed the carburetor, it may be out of position in the bore and hanging open. There's a groove in the piston and the pin in the bore that have to align in order for the piston to slide in the bore. If you pm me with your email address, I'll send you the pdf of the Mikuni manual.

Don
    Stuck in the seventies- not in the swamp.

(6) Attex, a Hustler, a Super Swamp Fox, (2) Tricarts, (3) Tri-sports, a Sno-co trike, 3 Dunecycles, and a Starcraft! ...so far

thanks for the help guys..

Don, I appologize for not getting it on the site. I filed it away like it had already been posted. I must have missed it. Thanks to this thread though I just put it up in the Articles section here: Mikuni Carb Tuning Guide
    Last edited by Mike; 03-06-2008 at 08:26 AM.

I'd love to take the credit, but I think George gets the thanks for that one, Mike!

Don
    Stuck in the seventies- not in the swamp.

(6) Attex, a Hustler, a Super Swamp Fox, (2) Tricarts, (3) Tri-sports, a Sno-co trike, 3 Dunecycles, and a Starcraft! ...so far

You are right. Sorry about that George. You would think I could at least give proper credits

Thanks George for taking the time to scan that and send it in.
    Last edited by Mike; 03-06-2008 at 08:27 AM.

Here is a down-loadable pdf file from Mikuni

http://www.mikuni.com/pdf/vmmanual.pdf
    "Don't worry my Dad's a TV repairman, he has an excellent set of tools..I can fix It"

Great find MicMac!

Hehe...not a problem Mike.
    Banned

+ Reply to Thread