Carisle Super Lug Tires?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Carisle Super Lug Tires?

Carisle Super Lug Tires?

Has anyone used the Carisle Super Lug 20x10x8 tires on an Argo. If so how do they perform with the tracks and can they swim at all. They are half the cost of the Argo tires and I need 8 of them. I'm new to this type of vehicle and I have a 1987 Magnum but it need four new tires for sure, maybe 8. Any suggestions will be helpful.

20x10x8 Carlisles ride HORRIBLY hard, they offer less ground clearance so you're more likely to get hung up, and they offer less floatation in the mud since they're narrower that most 21 or 22 inch tires. I don't really know if they'd work with tracks either. These 20" Carlisle tires are better suited for garden tractors, not AATVs.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Thanks for the reply. After I post my question I did a little more research and discovered they are mainly for garden tractors. Guess I'll go with the Argo tires.

I just installed a set of 22" Argo tires on a Response 8x8, replacing the old Runamuks. Wow! What a smooth riding tire. Good tread, excellent water speed, and one of the smoothest rides you'll get in an amphib. They are fairly expensive, but what isn't now days?
    Everybody dies, but not everybody lives.

Did you check on the Carlisle 21" At 101? These tires are used on many 6x6 and 8x8 vehicles.They are priced as good as any tire out there and are readily available most anywhere.As long as the pressure is 1-3 psi range they ride well and have good traction.

I want to install the beaver dam tracks on my max which I believe are the escargo tracks correct? Anyway the guy in Wisconsin that installs them told me I would need the 20x10x8 tire for track clearance. I been reading your guys posts but any suggestions then? Thanks

+ Reply to Thread