New here, buying resto 69 attex 208tt

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New here, buying resto 69 attex 208tt

New here, buying resto 69 attex 208tt

Hey guys I'm new here and new with these machines.

I've always wanted ont so I found a good cheap resto on Craig's list

Now this is the deal the guy says its a 69 attex 208tt
    He said the body is a little beat but I figured I could Fiberglass that, yea?
    It needs a seat
    All 6 wheels and tires
    It has a good running 368 Sachs 1cylinder motor that the guy says runs but won't keep running, assuming carb work?
    He said he Trans is also good and working.
    So my question is it worth 100bucks?

This is the ad

attex-comes with a running sachs 1 cylinder 368cc engine-good transmission with good driven clutch-5 new axle bearings installed-laterals work-obviously the body wont float but if someone needs parts or wants to put this one together then e-mail

Thanks guys!!!

It is probably a fun little build you found. Word of advise on the body work though. Fiberglass is a poor choice and only will temporarily work. It expands and contracts at different rates than abs and will naturally separate from the abs with the changing of the seasons. You can plastic weld the cracks or make abs goo by mixing abs and acetone. These are the proper fixes to an abs body. I have used the goo with great luck.
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

I'm pretty sure this is the ad, it's been posted here before.

6x6 attex argo

The transmission will need at least one outer bearing cap that's broken on the left side (it looks like it's been welded at least once before).

You're right about the body, though. It's pretty hammered. For $100, it might be a good start for you, but realize it's going to take quite a bit of work, and there might be a considerable investment in getting it moving. What tires and wheels are provided with the sale?

No wheels or tires that's kind of what I'm worried about finding wheels for it

There are a lot of cheaper options for wheels and tires, but if you want to upgrade to 4 or 5 lug wheels from the original small 3-bolt pattern, you'll need adapter plates. That's assuming all of the original 3-bolt hubs are there and usable. You might get lucky with some used units (tires and wheels, that is), but buying new will probably set you back at few hundred dollars at a minimum, if you find a great deal. I'm not trying to disuade you from the project at all; just realize things add up real quick. I take it it'll need all the chains, as well, and probably at least an adjuster or two (there are four total on the machine). The issues with the Sachs might be a simple carb issue, but the engine is a whole 'nother set of issues. The 208TT machines originally came equipped with an 8hp Briggs and Stratton engine.

Like Drew says with the fiberglass work; stay away from it if you can. Fixing up the body is a lot of work (look what Drew had to do...) and huge investment in time. His efforts turned out great...

I'm not worried about the time I gotta put into and I'm not tryin to make a show quality build its gonna be beat on in the trails. I figured if I didn't cost much more then 1000bucks total with buying and building it I'm very handy and have my handed on a mug welder so the work ain't my prob it's gonna be about what it cost in parts

From my understanding the Sachs motor was already setup on it? Not sure tho

Quote Originally Posted by thenewguy View Post
    I'm not worried about the time I gotta put into and I'm not tryin to make a show quality build its gonna be beat on in the trails. I figured if I didn't cost much more then 1000bucks total with buying and building it I'm very handy and have my handed on a mug welder so the work ain't my prob it's gonna be about what it cost in parts

From my understanding the Sachs motor was already setup on it? Not sure tho
    Attex never used Sachs motors, Amphicat did. Attex mostly used JLO and Briggs engines. This Attex 208TT would have came with a Briggs 8HP 4 stroke.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

That has been for sale for a long time. I looked at it and when I looked the trans didn't have the mounts and the inside was a rustball. Body was very rough. He had 2 or 3 engines for it, none were the original.

Yes, you're right. It looks VERY beat up and you'll probably want to keep an eye out for a better project. This looks to be more of a parts machine.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

If you're looking to get a project up and running for $1,000, there are machines that pop up now and then which need pretty basic TLC, and have a better driveline (T-20 transmission) that you could keep an eye open for.
    An early Max II, second/third generation Attex, Hustler (etc.) is bound to pop up nearby sooner or later. Keep an eye in the classified section here on the site as people post them.

+ Reply to Thread