Found a good Starter that will fit on most JLO' engines

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Found a good Starter that will fit on most JLO' engines

Found a good Starter that will fit on most JLO' engines

I have a 297 Jlo Rockwell Engine ( for a 300 ST Attex machine )

The original starter finally went bad ( Armature fried ) I looked high and low for an exact replacement and no luck ( btw did I mention Cheap

I crossed referenced a bunch of info on .. rotation ( ccw) - # of teeth on the starter gear ( 9 on this one ) overall size and diameter.
    I ended up finding an awesome option from a local jetski outfit. These newer smaller starters have more torque, use less current and have the same 2 bolt mounting holes ( 3.5" center to center ) I slapped this new starter on and she works perfectly. I just had to take off the metal bracket on the back end of the new starter.

They are also avail on EBAY for approx 50 to 80 bucks - very common for the seadoo ROtak engines of the 90's Rotak Starter.jpg

Rotax Starter model #'s 228000-4560 278000577

Thanks man, Nice find!

+ Reply to Thread