Mobilera Trailblazer

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Mobilera Trailblazer

Mobilera Trailblazer

Well here it is, a real running Mobilera Trailblazer. Serial #1015. I assume it is the 15th machine made. Here is the picture I was sent when I responded to the Craigslist add.

Here are a few more pictures.

That's what I have for now. I will need some help on this one from our 6x6 historians on the site. I will bring it in the shop later today and get pictures of the drive. It is not what is thought to be but looks incredibly factory.

Keith.
    Last edited by kghills; 10-30-2012 at 12:32 PM.

ADAIR TRACKS, WITHOUT 'EM YOUR JUST SPINNING YOUR WHEELS
    REMEMBER KIDS, THE FIRST "A" in AATV STANDS FOR AMPHIBIOUS

So you ended up getting it, Keith?!
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Quote Originally Posted by jpswift1 View Post
    So you ended up getting it, Keith?!

Well for better or worse. I have a little buyers remorse. The other buy backed out and I had made an offer I felt was fair. The reason I really wanted the machine was its ability to counter rotate. I knew it did not have reverse but did not investigate the drive closely enough. Here is what I found.

The transmission had been removed and replaced with this belt drive system.

There is a braking system placed in front of the drive belt mechanism.

And a brake pedal system has been added.

This sort of kills my new found joy. On the bright side the fiberglass, emblems, interior and tires are great.

Maybe someday I can find a donor for the drive.

Keith.

Sorry to hear about your drive system. Still a cool machine though.
    I can't remember the source but I was told they only made one machine of every color option. I have seen others the same color as mine though. I wonder what the actual number produced was

Yeah, was a little disappointed in the drive being wrong. Larry, is the engine in yours? If it is there is a serial number. Mine is 1015 which is 15 I bet. Maybe. What are the other colors known to exist. Member String's was yellow like yours, and mine is black.
    Last edited by kghills; 10-27-2012 at 01:03 PM.

My engine was missing when I got it. I did get a replacement ohh160 through some nice people in Arizona though.
    I also got another engine ohh180 from a friend in Charlotte Michigan too. I believe the ohh160 is what's original though

If all goes right I will have a 60x30 pole barn soon so I can start messing with amphibs again. Be neat to have them all at one place. They are scattered in 4 locations now. I have a feeling my wife is going to want me to fix the house first though, lol
    Last edited by LarryW; 10-27-2012 at 11:06 PM.

You're right about the Trailblazers using a Tecumseh engine, but it was actually the HH120 Tecumseh flathead 12HP, not the OH160. The OH160 wasn't released by Tecumseh until after the Trailblazers were discontinued. The Newt the Bold 4 stroke engine was the same HH120 Tecumseh that the Trailblazer used. I think Tecumseh did very well and had a pretty big market share in the off highway vehicle market starting in the 1960's. Many, many mini bikes, go carts, and 6 wheelers came with Tecumseh engines......Attex, the Trailblazer, Newt the Bold, Scrambler, Max, the Puma Stalker, etc, etc, etc. I always liked the Tecumseh engines, but I think what hurt them was the use of the crappy Walboro carburetors. The engines seemed to run forever, but once there was a slight issue with the carbs, they would just be very finicky.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Yea your right Jeff. If I was half way looking at the motor and not the I'd tag I would have noticed. Lol

Haha, it happens, Larry. Sometimes I get so excited to see another rare machine pop out of the woodwork I overlook some of the details too. Did your Trailblazer have the original engine in it? I can't remember, it's been a few years since you picked it up. Do you happen to know if they came with 2 and 4 strokes?

I think the engine is a 12 or maybe 14HP 4 stroke. It is solid state ignition I know. What I find odd is there are no chain tensioners. It does have mamoth 1.5" axles and #50the chain.

+ Reply to Thread