Mobilera Trailblazer

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Mobilera Trailblazer

Quote Originally Posted by kghills View Post
    I think the engine is a 12 or maybe 14HP 4 stroke. It is solid state ignition I know. What I find odd is there are no chain tensioners. It does have mamoth 1.5" axles and #50the chain.
    Oh yea, I think the Trailblazers came from the factory with 1.5" axles. That's huge! The engine in yours should be stamped on the blower housing.......something like HH120 and some other numbers mixed in there. That means 12HP and HH100 stands for 10HP, etc, etc.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

The axles are impressive for sure! I was just looking at the brochure to refresh the specs. It has a 2000 tow capacity too. Thats greater then Argo and Muddox of 1800lb. Not saying it could do it or not. Probably lawyers tightened the rules on that. Also says it will do 40mph. Dont think that would happen either. Says engine is tecumseh 27.66 which I googled and found out its the HH120 like stated.

HH means heavy duty Horizontal crank. OHH means Overhead heavy. The 1st gen lil little truck I was making had a MH80 in it. That was medium horizontal. Its block is aluminum 8hp. I love the tecumseh code system. So simple.

Here is the brochures link incase you havent seen it yet. mobilera trailblazer
    Last edited by LarryW; 10-27-2012 at 11:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jpswift1 View Post
    Haha, it happens, Larry. Sometimes I get so excited to see another rare machine pop out of the woodwork I overlook some of the details too. Did your Trailblazer have the original engine in it? I can't remember, it's been a few years since you picked it up. Do you happen to know if they came with 2 and 4 strokes?
    Yeah, a guy does seem to get excited about some of these odd/rare machines. I let it blind me a little bit on the purcase. Besides the ID tag/sticker from Mobilera on top of the engine there is an engine tag also and a couple stickers. One has a HP rating and I know the other says solid state ignition. The axles are huge and the gears on them are very small. The chains run in a narrow chain well in the body that seems deeper than it needs to be but maybe thats because there are no chain tensioners. Might be for the loose chains to hang down in. There is a massive trailer hitch on the back. Like the Max but easily twice as thick. The coolest thing is the emblems. They are like perfect. And bright. Sort of afraid to touch them. Do I need to do a walk around on this thing even with the wrong drive?

ADAIR TRACKS, WITHOUT 'EM YOUR JUST SPINNING YOUR WHEELS
    REMEMBER KIDS, THE FIRST "A" in AATV STANDS FOR AMPHIBIOUS

A walk around would be cool! Even with the wrong drive.

Quote Originally Posted by LarryW View Post
    A walk around would be cool! Even with the wrong drive.
    Well, here are the pictures I could find in the gallery of the two Trailblazers besides mine I could find information on. First is yours Larry.

Larry you also mentioned you knew of another Trailblazer in Strings thread. http://www.6x6world.com/forums/other...lazer-6x6.html Here is your Quote : "Very interesting. I only know of 4 in existence now. I have only seen one other one in better shape then what yours appears." Any details? Colors, condition, pictures?

Here are the pictures from member String. I emailed him and he no longer has the Trailblazer but did get it running. He said someone local to him purchased it. It looks like the trans mount in this machine is being fabricated and not original. If you look at the mount in my machine (even though the drive is different) and the mount in Larry's machine they are the same while the one in String's machine rather than bridging the body wrapps up around it.

Thats it besides the pictures I have posted. If any member runs across any other pictures or information about the Mobilera Trailblazer please post it in this thread.

Thanks. Keith.

I went through my pictures and this is what I found.
    It appears one of the ones I found was yours, lol.
    The pict of the green one with numbered tires was on ebay.
    The white one is Stephen DeVaney's. He was going to redo it and we communicated for a while but havent heard anything in a long time.
    The yellow one I know nothing about.

100_1881.jpgUntitled.jpg5Ff5P45S23nd3F93o7bch3a0ba37b543310c2.jpgTrailblazer1.jpg

I have awesome news. Matt of Mudd-Ox has the complete drive I need and would like to see it used to restore my Trailblazer. Very cool of Matt to help me out. He also has a collection of vintage AATVs and was really excited that the Trailblazer could be put back into service with the correct drive. We are working out the details on delivery as he passes not too far from me when delivering Mudd-Oxes to a dealership in Wisconsin that is starting up. Thanks to all the members who help put me in contact with Matt. I am very up beat after talking with Matt about the vintage amphibians and feel much better about my Trailblazer.

Great pictures Larry. Would seem all that is missing is a red Trailblazer. Do you still have Stephen's contact? Maybe touch base and see if he can post some photos. It would be great to see if his machine has the engine cover. If you get a chance in the next few months to take a few more of the trans cradle/mount on your machine that would help me out also.

Any more pictures or/or info of any kind is welcome and appreciated. Keith.

I have never seen a red one.

I did email Stephen today to see how he has been. Here are more of his pictures.
    Attached Images

Can only upload 5 at a time so here is more.
    Attached Images

Last one.
    Attached Images

+ Reply to Thread