Mobilera Trailblazer

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Mobilera Trailblazer

Quote Originally Posted by LarryW View Post
    Last one.
    Larry, you saved the best for last. This shows me the big piece of channel that is still in my Trailblazer and how the trans ataches to it. The shot of the dash is also very good. Sure would be nice to get a picture of an engine cover. My latches are there and I can guess how it might look but just a glimps would be nice. Thank you so much for sharing your collection of Trailblazer photos. I think it is really cool to have them all in one thread for everybody to have access to. WIll really help anyone who is interested in one.

Keith.

Quote Originally Posted by kghills View Post
    I have awesome news. Matt of Mudd-Ox has the complete drive I need and would like to see it used to restore my Trailblazer. Very cool of Matt to help me out. He also has a collection of vintage AATVs and was really excited that the Trailblazer could be put back into service with the correct drive. We are working out the details on delivery as he passes not too far from me when delivering Mudd-Oxes to a dealership in Wisconsin that is starting up. Thanks to all the members who help put me in contact with Matt. I am very up beat after talking with Matt about the vintage amphibians and feel much better about my Trailblazer.

Great pictures Larry. Would seem all that is missing is a red Trailblazer. Do you still have Stephen's contact? Maybe touch base and see if he can post some photos. It would be great to see if his machine has the engine cover. If you get a chance in the next few months to take a few more of the trans cradle/mount on your machine that would help me out also.

Any more pictures or/or info of any kind is welcome and appreciated. Keith.
    Glad to hear you and Matt were able to work a deal out for the drive line for your Trailblazer! That transmission was out of my Newt the Bold that I sold to another member who was fitting a T-20 in it. I think the only thing you might need to do is to get new, longer hydraulic lines. I might be wrong, but maybe someone with a Trailblazer can measure their hydraulic lines for you to confirm this.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Here is a video walk around of the trailblazer. Not much comentary as I do not really know much about the machine or it's history.

Any additional information is always appreciated. Keith.

Since there were not many of these machines made I wonder if this was a test mule for alternate drive system. This doesn't look like the typical hack and slash job 95% of people would do. Everything is bolted and slotted for adjustment and fits under the rear seat. No rebar, threaded rod or Chevy alternator brackets welded to everything. Just seems too well done for an individual owner to have done. Are the steering handles hooked to anything?
    MAX IV Mark

Quote Originally Posted by MAX IV Mark View Post
    Since there were not many of these machines made I wonder if this was a test mule for alternate drive system.
    You know, I was thinking this, too. For a retrofit, it seems really, really well done. I'd put money down that it was an attempt to see what else would work in place of the Hagen.

When I got it back home and looked it over I sort of had the same opinion Mark. There are no extra holes, melted fiberglass etc. Just a couple added brackets and mount for the new drive system. Yes the hand levers are cable connected to a knee action tensioner that pushes against the belt to drive each side. Pushing forward applies pressure to the belt and pulling back releases the tensioner and allows that side to freewheel. The drive tensioners are actually spring loaded to keep them engaged thus the need for a secondary clutch on the main shaft. Pulling back on a lever releases the drive on that side and the machine will turn. To get a skid steer action you press down on the brake pedal that is on the side of the machine you want to stop. It is all very well done and has been operated this way long enough to wear out one drive belt and the clutch drive belt. I could easily rehab the drive that is in it although it is a bit complicated to drive. Unfortunately the gentleman I bought it from had no real information on the origin of the machine. He had it for a couple years and said the previous owner had it for quite some time. It would be cool to find out more of the history. Hopefully someone will come across this thread or the YouTube video and post some information.

Keith.
    Last edited by kghills; 10-30-2012 at 09:58 AM.

Thought I would add this link to the patent for the Hagen Transmission used in Trailblazers
    TRANSMISSION SYSTEM
    Looks like it was also made in MN.

Keith

Quote Originally Posted by kghills View Post
    I have awesome news. Matt of Mudd-Ox has the complete drive I need and would like to see it used to restore my Trailblazer. Very cool of Matt to help me out. He also has a collection of vintage AATVs and was really excited that the Trailblazer could be put back into service with the correct drive. We are working out the details on delivery as he passes not too far from me when delivering Mudd-Oxes to a dealership in Wisconsin that is starting up. Thanks to all the members who help put me in contact with Matt. I am very up beat after talking with Matt about the vintage amphibians and feel much better about my Trailblazer.

Great pictures Larry. Would seem all that is missing is a red Trailblazer. Do you still have Stephen's contact? Maybe touch base and see if he can post some photos. It would be great to see if his machine has the engine cover. If you get a chance in the next few months to take a few more of the trans cradle/mount on your machine that would help me out also.

Any more pictures or/or info of any kind is welcome and appreciated. Keith.
    I am happy to help. I bought the tranmsiion from JP for a spare for my Newt The Bold but would like to see the Trailblazer up and running again. When can I go for a ride!!!

Matt

I just got a chance to watch the video. Great job! I was thinking it sure looks to nice to be rigged up. Maybe an earlier design. Then read other post on others thinking the same thing. It is very interesting. You machine looks real nice. Glad Matt hooked you up with a hagen.
    Thanks for the video.

It was awesome of Matt O to part with the Hagen. I was super excited after calling him. Really got me in a more positive mood for the project.

The interesting thing about the drive that is in the Trailblazer now is it can just be unbolted as a unit and removed. I was even thinking of pulling it today but figured I best wait until I get the Hagen from Matt. I contacted the guy I purchased it from and asked him about the conversion. The mechanic it came from had passed away so that was a dead end literally. Member String's Trailblazer had the drive and engine removed when he purchased it. He had to fabricate an engine and trans mount as they had been discarded.

My next big dilemma will be whether to do a full paint and restoration or just get it cleaned up a little more with the new drive and leave the body unrestored. I intend to use it and usually like my machines to have a finished look. With this being in the shape it is in however I am tempted to not tamper with it. Well, I have some time to decide I guess.

Keith.
    Last edited by kghills; 11-01-2012 at 10:10 AM.

+ Reply to Thread