Visiting Mudd-Ox mecca

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Visiting Mudd-Ox mecca

Visiting Mudd-Ox mecca

My family and I paid a visit to Matt Oxender today at his Mudd-Ox fabrication facility in Shipshewana, Indiana, and had a blast seeing and learning all about how Mudd-Oxen get their start in life, from the machine shop with the ever expanding new fabricating tools to the large pole barn where Matt keeps all his vintage 6X6s and new projects. We also took a test drive in a gasser 8 wheeler and learned the finer points of how to execute turns and put the machine exactly where you want it with the precise control of the hydraulic propulsion system. All in all very much worth the drive from southeast Michigan. Thanks again to Matt for his hospitality and patience, my 6 year old son especially liked riding in the back of the Ox, he said it reminded him of a roller coaster and can't wait to do it again. I would highly recommend a visit to Matt's place if you are interested in a Mudd-Ox since he has plenty of property to test drive one on and can show you all the ins and outs of how they are put together.

Ed

Sounds like you had a really good visit to Matt's place. I know from the one trail ride I went on with Matt and Mike that those Mudd-Ox can sure take a beating. I hope to take a trip to Indiana myself just to see his vintage collection. The whole place sounds really cool.

Keith.

ADAIR TRACKS, WITHOUT 'EM YOUR JUST SPINNING YOUR WHEELS
    REMEMBER KIDS, THE FIRST "A" in AATV STANDS FOR AMPHIBIOUS

You might want to wait until he has lighting and heat in the pole barn so you can see them better and not freeze your ox off. He is going to expand the pole barn and turn it into a production facility so best to call him and make sure the vintage stuff is in a good place to see them. Have fun.

Quote Originally Posted by mudslinger View Post
    You might want to wait until he has lighting and heat in the pole barn so you can see them better and not freeze your ox off. He is going to expand the pole barn and turn it into a production facility so best to call him and make sure the vintage stuff is in a good place to see them. Have fun.
    The building is done and the heat is on!!! Nick and I are going to bring the Attex Bigfoot inside soon to start bringing it back to life.

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by Matt O. View Post
    The building is done and the heat is on!!! Nick and I are going to bring the Attex Bigfoot inside soon to start bringing it back to life.

Matt
    COOL!!! I'm really looking forward to this!
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Excellent, Matt. Lots of pictures, okay?
    Stuck in the seventies- not in the swamp.

(6) Attex, a Hustler, a Super Swamp Fox, (2) Tricarts, (3) Tri-sports, a Sno-co trike, 3 Dunecycles, and a Starcraft! ...so far

Quote Originally Posted by Don View Post
    Excellent, Matt. Lots of pictures, okay?
    How about a guts to glory movie?

+ Reply to Thread